Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Camcorder Advice / Recommendations
  • danandem
    Free Member

Looking for a camcorder to record family holiday etc… looked at Sony HDR-CX105E and canon FS200. Canon looked the nicer camera but not HD. Any advice / recommendations on either of these or similar camcorders?

Cheers
    Dan

Gordy
    Free Member

I'd certainly get an HD one in the hope that it won't look quite so dated when you watch a recording in ten years or so.

I think I borrowed a Canon FS200 from the AV dept at my work when I was thinking of buying a camcorder and the picture quality was rubbish. It might have been a Canon FS-something-else though.

I got a full HD Sanyo VPC-FH1something (which has been grand) in the end but only because I could get a good deal on it at the time.

Narrow your selection down to a few of similar spec. Some website or other will do a cracking deal on one of them sooner or later.

HTH.

PS – might be worth checking if Camerabox have any bundle deals on. That's who I ended up buying mine from.

PPS – you'll need a good computer if you want to do any editing. My Sanyo chucks out 1080@60fps and some computers won't even play it, never mind edit it. Big files as well obviously.

danandem
    Free Member

Hi,
    Thanks for the info – think it was enough to encourage the wife towards a HD one!
    Cheers,
    Dan

woffle
    Free Member

we had a Panasonic SDHC5 (I think) – really good, HD video – especially outdoors / with plenty of light. Leica lens too which always helps.

I think you can pick them up 2nd hand for about £200-£250…

plumber
    Free Member

I have one of the above – excellent

Gordy
    Free Member

it was enough to encourage the wife towards a HD one

Getting the wife on board is always pivotal! :mrgreen:

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Camcorder Advice / Recommendations’ is closed to new replies.