Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Calling White Van Man….
  • Kryton57

I’m moving house so just need to know, can I get a 3 seater sofa / split double bed in the back of a standard Transit / Vivaro sized van, or do I need the larger LWB versions?

Note not necessary at the same time, just an issue of size.

Cheers

nickjb
    Free Member

Mid sized vans like a swb transit are designed to take an 8′ x 4′ sheet of material 2440mm x 1220mmin new money). They are generally exactly that size inside.

Kryton57

2.4m? I’d better measure the sofa, I’m sure its not that long though….

nickjb
    Free Member

Standard transit is definitely just a few mm over 2.44m inside. Had one for a pick-up a few weeks ago.

porter_jamie
    spooky_b329

For the sake of a few quid, get a biggun. Nothing worse than spending 15 minutes trying to load a sofa when you know you have a couple more trips to make!

The Vivaro seems smaller inside than the equivalent Transit, the tape measure may say differently but I get the impression its a smaller van.

maccruiskeen

The Vivaro seems smaller inside than the equivalent Transit

They are – about 6″ shorter. Fricking pointless vehicles, transits aren’t transit-sized by accident.

They are generally exactly that size inside.

Some transit-like vehicles (LDV for instance) are 8ft long at floor level but the bulkhead rakes backwards so you can lie a sheet of plywood flat on the floor, but you can’t stand it on edge

Marin
    Free Member

Did this last week and fitted nicely into a VW Transporter.
    If moving and hiring a van get a LWB. Fit more in and less runs to do the move. Just make sure you have help reversing if you are not used to them.

sparkyrhino

Get a luton style van .much easier to load/unload

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Calling White Van Man….’ is closed to new replies.