Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Calling Camber owners
  • TheChunk
    Free Member

How tall are you and what size do you ride?

My dad’s been offered one as an insurance replacement but LBS have sold the only one they had and nowhere else near to try for size.

dodge
    Free Member

The size charts on back of catalogs are really good.
    Im 6ft and by paper i should be on a large but I would go for a Med as i like my bike to be snappy and the large just feels bit too long on the reach for me.
    Hope this helps

IvanDobski
    Free Member

I’m 6’2 and fit a large perfectly…

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    TheChunk
    Free Member

My old man’s about 5′ 10″ so right on the border of medium and large according to the size guide.

Apparently the Lbs sat him on a large stumpjumper and reckoned it would be alright as there’s not much between the camber and stumpy size wise ( their words). I’m not convinced personally particularly as looking at the geometry charts the camber is a bit longer.

sv

I am 6ft and ride a medium Pitch.

gover
    Free Member

I’m a shade over 6ft and ended up with a large camber expert… I got a little concerned about the standover clearance – havent got as much as the manual advises is needed, but i am comfortable on the bike.

Saying that, i think i would have been able to set a medium frame up equally well – i guess i am ‘in between’ sizes!

In hindsight, i should probably have gone with the medium as i suspect i would have had more flexibilty in the setup.

Great bike though!

dodge
    Free Member

Its all about the reach rather then the height, you can always adjust the seat post but playing around with stems to get the right reach is a pain. especially if you go shorter then the handling will be worse as well.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Calling Camber owners’ is closed to new replies.