Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Calling all web developers / web masters – advice needed!
  • Ferris-Beuller
    Free Member

Hello all,

Some advice needed please…..

I currently have the company website ‘managed’ and hosted by a third party company. We are due an upgrade to both the skin and the shopping cart. Has anyone heard of Shopify by the way? (Any thoughts…..). This company has started to become particularly bad in responding to emails. I’ve been chasing prices for three weeks along with a project time line. I had this problem with them before and after a b****cking they sorted themselves out.

I really cant be bothered with a company like this and currently looking for another company who is a bit more assertive / proactive.

My question is, how easy is it to migrate the site from one provider to another. They only host our A records so can move that with relative ease, but my concern is with it being an online shop i cannot afford any downtime really. Is this easily achievable? Has anyone done this with ease or difficulty??

Ta!

allthegear
    Free Member

Shopify is a fully hosted solution- they dont publish their code anywhere and you cant export something to run elsewhere.

If you wanted to move away from them, its going to cost you. Thats basically their business model.

I could build you something in, say, drupal commerce and include importers to scrape the data out of the original site to make a new store but its unlikely to be cheap.

Sorry.

Rachel

Ferris-Beuller
    Free Member

Balls! Looks like another kick up the ar5e is required.

Ta Rachel.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Calling all web developers / web masters – advice needed!’ is closed to new replies.