Viewing 15 posts - 41 through 55 (of 55 total)
  • Call for Evans Cycles Boycot
  • piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

I once enquired in an Evans whether they could get hold of a Blue Pig frame.

I was then asked how do you spell ‘Blue Pig’ 🙄

I generally find evans OK, but you have to treat them for what they are, a largely London centric chain. They stock for the masses rather than our niche needs

will
    Free Member

I have a very pleasent dealings with them yesterday (St Paul’s Branch) I had snapped the BOA wire on my S-works shoes, so went in, to see if they could order the part. They could, it would cost £12 and take 10 day to arrive, not ideal but ok, they are 2008 shoes so no real suprise.

One of the chaps then said Condor Cycles might have them in stock? he rang up pretending to be a customer, they did have them in stock, and what more they were £6.99 😀 Went to Condor, picked up my new lace job done! Thanks Evans!

theotherjonv

I had exactly this situation in my local Evans shop. i asked for a 9spd link, they got me one, i took it to the till and it rang up at £12. I did an involuntary wtf and they looked it up on the internet and confirmed it. Seems the bar code links to the 4 pack and not the one pack. So i asked them if they price matched CRC, looked it up there at about £2.99 and they agreed. The assistant called the manager over who said he couldn’t be arsed to match a £2.99 piece, so instead went to get a powerlink from the workshop out of the bag that had literally hundreds in. And gave it to me FOC. And in fact gave me 2 FOC while he was at it.

I’ll use them again.

richmtb

Nothing but praise for the my local Evans (Braehead Glasgow)

I wanted to be niche and dislike them but the are invariably knowledgeable, helpful and also price match online prices.

For that reason I’m oot

13thfloormonk

Can I just take this opportunity to ask how powerlinks now cost anywhere between £3-£5? It didn’t seem that long ago they were 95p a shot!

I know all the arguments about inflation, strength of the pound etc but does that really explain a 300% price rise, minimum?

I notice Shimano joining pins have managed to buck the trend are still something like £7 for 5…

Holyzeus
    Free Member

Pathetic thread. I use Evans,in my local one there are all good lads and the price matching is spot on

balintatevans
    Free Member

Hi,

Thanks for highlighting the error, there are indeed four chain connectors in the pack – sorry for the misunderstanding, we have amended the product page.

Balint @ Evans Cycles

mudsux
    Free Member

wow. If the collective minds of a few individuals on this forum can make Evans correct their pricing … just think …

jwmlee
    Free Member

Shop around. Google shopping is a good start.

GlitterGary
    Free Member

Evans are good, I’ve bought stuff online and from the shop when I’ve needed it and they’ve never been a problem.

atlaz
    Free Member

Never had a problem with Evans. I pricematch online when I’m in-store, for the most part the workshop have been fine etc. I’d rather have had Evans than my old LBS for 90% of the time. In fact, I’d rather have Evans than the shop run by the former pro-roadie down the road from my office now too.

blablablacksheep
    Free Member

evans cycles is easy to use if you use them the right way.

1:Never buy anything from their store at the RRP
    2:If you buy anything make sure it is priced matched.

Follow those rules and happy days.

wwaswas

can make Evans correct their pricing

errm, the price was right, the description just didn;t make it clear that the price was for 4 links.

jwmlee
    Free Member

I’ve bought some very competitively priced stuff in their sales.

Service has been a little variable – one shirt arrived dirty and was replaced by another shop soiled item. They refunded me in full and allowed me to keep both shirts.

Customer service and product knowledge is pretty patchy across the industry – especially the large online retailers who are pushing down costs.

Evans price match and you can return stuff to their shops if it doesn’t fit.

Always pays to shop around because prices vary massively.

Speshpaul

So have they gone bust yet?
    I’ll get my coat:-)

Viewing 15 posts - 41 through 55 (of 55 total)

The topic ‘Call for Evans Cycles Boycot’ is closed to new replies.