Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Cable Zip Tie Question
  • WipeOut
    Free Member

Hi,

I’ve seen Zip Ties that our like a double, in that one part of the zip tie attaches say to the frame, and second part attaches to say the gear cable. A bit like a figure of eight. I hope the explanation is clear. I realise I could use two zip ties, but I want, and have seen a zip tie which is a single item.

Any ideas where I can get them from?

Thanks Wipeout

IHN

You just need a tiny bit of tubing to form the ‘waist’ of the figure-8. A bit of plastic cable endcap works a treat. The tie goes through the tubing, around the cable, back through the tubing and then fasten around the frame.

snaps
    Free Member

We buy cable ties from a company called http://www.hellermanntyton.co.uk/
    you could try asking them

spooky_b329

As above, chop the end off a cable end cap, push zip tie through cap, round cable and back through end cap, then strap to frame. Its a tight fit but is neat and holds the cable away from the paint 🙂

The other method is to get a 10mm long piece of clear tubing (such as fish tank airline) thread it over brake hose/gear cable so its alongside the headtube, then run a strap through the tubing alongside the cable and then round the headtube just above the lower headset cup. This is a bit more fiddly as you have to remove the cables to do it…was on my list of things to do for ages until I wore through my rear brake hose and changed them for braided.

uplink
    Free Member

I use them at work

http://shop.comdir.co.uk/Products.aspx?intGroupID=1616&strProductID=tgnjcstesu&strWebTemplate=C

Google “double headed cable tie” & you may find somewhere that will sell them separately

dave_rudabar
    Free Member

86p for a pack of a hundred – hardly worth trying anywhere else?! 😆

uplink
    Free Member

£20 minimum order 🙄

oldgit
    Free Member

That might be a pricing error black and natural ties are usually the same price.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Cable Zip Tie Question’ is closed to new replies.