Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Cable guide reducers/end stop inserts.
  • GTS

Oi Oi,
    I am just in the process of rebuilding a Cannondale Prophet frame. The cable guides on the frame are of a large diameter and therefore the end stops on gear cables just pass through them. I have just one insert that makes them smaller and provides a suitable end stop but i need at least 3 more. Obviously the hydraulic cables are fine although they needed a few wraps of tape round them to make a snug fit. Any ideas where i can source the bits I need, or indeed any alternative solutions.
    Thanks
    Geoff

radar
    Free Member

Been looking at cable end caps myself. Have seem stepped cable end caps but can't remember where…. try Fibrax,or Jagwire (may have to bring them in from the states though).

racing_ralph
    Free Member

You only need 1 reducer for the fornt mech on a prophet – the rest are "normal" as it is designed for a continuous outer on the rear

thefallguy
    Free Member

try your lbs, I find my LBS is great for this sort of thing, he seems to know just what i'm after and has boxes of all sorts of reducers and stops that you just can't source off t'interweb

richwales

Just going through the exact same process. Search for dr. Cannnondale cable stop inserts. They also have the grommets for the swingarm

richwales

Actually scrap that recommendation. They want to charge 15 euros for delivery.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Cable guide reducers/end stop inserts.’ is closed to new replies.