Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • C2C public taps???
  • Rikoshea
    Free Member

I'm doing the coast to coast soon and wondered if anyone knows the location of any public water taps along the route. It's the Tim Woodcock route and i could do with refilling somewhere around these places,
    Walna scar to elterwater,
    Troutbeck,
    Keld-Gunnerside

uplink
    Free Member

Pubs/cafes?

at a push – knock on someone's door?

Onzadog
    Free Member

This might need looking into but I think someone once told me that it is unlawful to refuse a traveller a drink of water. Goes back to medieval times. If that's the case, then anywhere. As said about, knock on someone's door if needs be, I've done that before. People are actually rather friendly and usually quite interested in hearing about big epic rides.

Moses

Streams?
    You know, free running water coming off hills?

Rikoshea
    Free Member

Don't want to sound OTT but i'm going for a fast time and standing talking to home owners is not the best idea, was hoping to just roll up to public tap and fill then bugger off, only found the one as you climb out the back of Shap at the mo and eyed up a few shops/pubs, I just thought some of you guys might know where the little green boxes were hiding??

uplink
    Free Member

there's a bridleway trough Limefitt caravan park at Troutbeck – plenty of taps along the path

uplink
    Free Member

another one
    I reckon the nice people at the Dales Biking centre would be OK with you filling your Camelbak too

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘C2C public taps???’ is closed to new replies.