Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Buying land – prices
  • unsponsored
    Free Member

We live in a new build house on an small culdesac where the other house are still to be built. We have a single drive and I would like to buy a 1.5m x 8m strip of land to widen the drive. The builder thinks this won’t be an issue as the other houses (yet to be built) can be shifted over.

What we don’t know is what would be a good price.

The site is brownfield (former pig farm) in the NE of England if that makes much of a difference.

valleydaddy
    Free Member

can you just move your fence 😉

has the builder given you a price???

maybe just paying the legal fees would be enough for the builder plus some beers you never know

valleydaddy
    Free Member

TheBrick
    Free Member

1 acre = 4 046.85642 sq metres

1.5 * 8 = 12 m^2

12/4046 ~ 0.00296

Price per acre with planning permission? £1 mill per acre?

~ £2 965.90

allthepies
    Free Member

Give the builder a crate of stella.

Job done.

1freezingpenguin
    Free Member

can you just move your fence

When I first left school I worked for a landscape firm doing a lot of work for the likes of Wimpy homes on new housing estates. Every now and then we had to go to an address and either reinstate a hedge or replace the fence after the owners thought it be a good idea to try and nick an extra meter or two of land 🙂

TooTall
    Free Member

A former pig farm in the NE of England.

Do you live on the Meadowell Estate? Or The Ridges as was?

😯

kevj
    Free Member

This is possibly not as simple as just the price of land per m2.
    IF the remaining houses have been fully designed, then you are asking for the drainage and levels to be adjusted to suit this shift. Then there is the legal implications of defining a property boundary and registering this with the land registry and local authority.

Good luck!

ChrisA
    Free Member

Would it not affect planning permission too? I don’t think it’s as easy as just moving the fence a metre

unsponsored
    Free Member

I wish to buy the land, just wondering how much to expect. A solicitor will be on standby to do the paper work to add the land onto our deeds. I have done that before with a piece of yard that I owned and had it added to the deeds of the house. It didn’t cost much.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Buying land – prices’ is closed to new replies.