Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Burrington combe/mendips
  • richc
    Free Member

Anyone been out on the mendips over the last few days? as I might head out there this afternoon but I don't want to get the car stuck if the roads are still blocked with snow and ice

AndyCh
    Free Member

It's all clear down here in cheddar, but by all accounts is quite deep up on the hill.

if you park in burrington near Bad Ass Bikes then you should be ok.

Take plenty of warm stuff as i'm sat at work in a duvet jacket!!

PS, keep an eye out for 4x4s and report back. thanks

A

nickegg
    Free Member

Roads are fine, my commute takes me up Burrington Coombe and over to Yeovil.

Hope you're not intending to ride! Good luck if you are. There must be a good 6-8 inches of very wet and heavy snow up there.

I live up by the airport and have 6 inches of the white stuff in my garden!

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    elliptic
    Free Member

Mate's missus was up on Black Down this morning – some of the forest fireroads have been cleared (logging has started again) but otherwise the trails are well covered. Not many fresh tracks since the second dump on Tuesday night. Going down the (tarmac) lane from the twin masts to Charterhouse she was wading through waist deep drifts.

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

I was out last night nearby but much lower down, its all starting to thaw and getting very heavy going indeed. It was OK when frozen hard.

nickegg
    Free Member

The road across the Mendips (don't know the name) i take to Yeovil must have been impassable yesterday as there are some massive drifts across it in places. I was working from home thank god but managed a loop around Bourton Coombe at 5:45am, that was hard enough but fun too.

I cycled around Blackdown last year a day or so before the big dump of snow in February and that was fun but now the path to the trig point must be completely buried surely? It had waist deep drifts across it that time.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Burrington combe/mendips’ is closed to new replies.