Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Burning CDs – App advise
  • speaker2animals

Ok – I have iTunes with a lot of my collection on. I had to sell quite a lot of my music collection this year due to debt problems. The CDs I sold I downloaded to iTunes. I have used the iTunes backup in the past but I still find that albums have “disappeared”. This could just as easily be a problem with my laptop as iTunes. What I would like to do is burn all the CDs on itunes to disks to archive. When I try to do this from iTunes it won’t let me burn each album individually. I assume this is some form of copyright protection?

Can I do this through iTunes or can you recommend a free app that I can use to burn the iTunes library to disk?

Ta.

grievoustim
    Free Member

you just need to make a playlist in itunes – made up of all the tracks from the album you want to burn

Then just select the option to “burn playlist to disc” – can’t recall where it is exactly, but should be easy to find

speaker2animals

Just tried this again, I get a message – “The attempt to burn a disk failed. An unknown error occurred (2131)”. Tried a different playlist and same thing happens.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    grievoustim
    Free Member

sounds like an issue with drivers or something – I assume you are using a PC rather than a mac

I quick google of your message suggests other people have had this issue – so I suggest you have a look at how they sorted it

speaker2animals

Cheers folks, at least it’s not me. Does seem to be an Inspiron problem. Ta

speaker2animals

And once again thanks to people who pointed me in the right direction. Took a while to get my head round the installation (cos I was having a hard time keeping track of where the file downloaded to and it’s name). Works a treat now.

Chuffed!

CountZero

I’ll bet that damned Puppeteer had something to do with it. Glad you got it sorted, though.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Burning CDs – App advise’ is closed to new replies.