Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Built my first cyclocross bike (pics)!
  • stumpytrek
    Free Member

After months of should I / shouldn't I I have finally built one up!

A combo of new and ebay bits… First ride today! Very different from the mountain bikes but very nice!

zaskarrider
    Free Member

looks awesome…. i might build one myself

colnagokid

looks realy nice, what tyres? A pair of them would suit my cx'er

stumpytrek
    Free Member

Thanks!

colnagokid – they are vittoria XG pros from wiggle.

ajantom

Looks nice!

I'm trying to work out where the photos were taken……somewhere near Kennford/Kenn?

stumpytrek
    Free Member

You are right! 1st photo was taken near the Kenn end of the bridleway that runs from Kennford to Kenn. 2nd photo is on one of the lanes that drop down to Exminster from the hills above Kenn. You must be local?

epicyclo

Nice bike.

samuri
    Free Member

blimey.That could be a road and fields anywhere in britain, well spotted.
    Quite a nice looking bike too.

Expensivescare
    Free Member

How about a nice picture of you in your colour co-ordinated lycra catsuit next to the bike? 😀

Only joking! It looks great, still reckon I'll beat you down the Nut Crackers on it though!!

john_l
    Free Member

needs a short cage rear mech, lovely though

trio25
    Free Member

That is lovely, beware though cross bikes are addictive!

dropoff

Wow, what would that be like going down St.Andrews ? No slowing for the tree gap 🙂

oldgit
    Free Member

God I miss mine.
    But I have to keep telling myself that a nice mudguarded up road bike is best for winter when the trails are sodden.
    And that if I am going off road then use the singlespeed.
    And for summer you an't beat a fast light geared MTB.
    Mine snapped BTW otherwise I'd still have one.
    Oh and that's nice.

Mister-P
    Free Member

Yep, like that.

OrangeChammy
    Free Member

It looks like a lovely CAAD9 'dale. I bought my red, black and raw alu finish one in Jan, as a replacement for a roadbike that lost an argument with a white van.

I love it, rides great and with the help of an MPart seat clamp now has a stainless rack and guards for long haul rides, despite the big tubes it is well comfy and feels faster than my road bike – probably due to it being tougher and not having to avoid every crack and stone on the road.

I didtched the grey vittoria tyres, very soft and wore out withing 4 months, got some 28c schwalbe marathon supremes.

The only downside is massive brake judder at front, hope that LBS can sort out – but its a bit of rear brake only at the moment!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Built my first cyclocross bike (pics)!’ is closed to new replies.