Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Building wheels with DT revolution spokes?
  • thered

Would you build a set of wheels with revolution spokes?

Any chance of them being dangerously understrength for general XC purposes, obviously a mental idea for hucking.

MrAgreeable

Think the general consensus is that they are fine for XC unless you ride like a clod. However, when building you really need to stress relieve them well. My first wheel undid itself on its test ride despite using the “stand on the rim” method. Built the second wheel using the “bend them about with an old crank arm” method as set out on Sheldon Brown’s website, and it’s been fine.

njee20
    Free Member

The first year Specialized did the 150mm ‘burly’ Enduro they used Revolutions as stock. Tough enough if you build well.

I’ve got them on my race wheels and they’ve been great, never needed touching.

Buy from ActionSports.de – cheap as chips!

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

They magnetically attract sticks and numpties 😉

I thought ‘why not?’ when I put together an out and out race bike. First race, some numpty falls into my rear wheel for no apparent reason.

They are fine for XC, even if your wheels leave the ground sometimes.

I’ve never had to touch the wheels I built, though they were re-rimmed rather than built from scratch. I stress-relieved by squeezing spokes together (and I greased the nipples first).

smell_it
    Free Member

Been using dt revs for years in all my mtb wheels; used for racing and general trail riding in the peak and lakes without any issue. I only weigh about 67kg, but don’t go easy on the bike. Had wheels with revs built by lbs, merlin and crc, and all have been fine.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Sapims from sdeals almost as light and way cheaper.

thered

That’s great, thanks for the advice

stever
    Free Member

Mine have been downhilled a couple of times. Admittedly I’m chicken, but you know.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Building wheels with DT revolution spokes?’ is closed to new replies.