Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Building trail features, rollers, berms etc.
  • Oggles
    Free Member

I'm building some stuff down our garden with my brother. We actually started last summer with some raised boardwalk and a pseudo rock garden, with the intention of expanding it into three or four small skills routes. Anyway have just got around to doing the dirt features.

Currently we have got a set of four small rollers on one line, a roller to small kicker, and a small bombhole type setup with a kicker on the exit slope.

The ground is basically clay under the topsoil, and this is what we are building with. Consequently its now very slippy thanks to the rain we've had. I know you need to let jumps settle before riding them, we haven't ridden in anger, only to judge how they will ride.

What's the best way to weather proof them once they're finished? Ideally the tracks would be usable in the wet. Layer of soil/sand/gravel/hardcore? Someone suggested cement, he uses it to dry out his mini ramp!!

Any other tips would be appreciated too 🙂 Thanks

IanMmmm
    Free Member

Lots of stuff linked from thie post on SingletrAction. I'm sure you'll find something on surfacing in there.

I

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘Building trail features, rollers, berms etc.’ is closed to new replies.