Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 86 total)
  • Buggering your life up?
  • BigDummy
    Free Member

Any story which includes the words "so he decided to batter his wife to death with a hammer and claim the insurance" is surely a contender here… 😯

wwaswas

I described what seemed like a fairly typical weekend for me and the family once (no unusual disasters, just the day-to-day **** ups that seem to form our lives) and they, in all seriousness, commented that we ought to be part of a sit-com as nothing of note ever happened to them (which they seemed to think was a good thing but that struck me as slightly sad)

There's clearly people on this thread who have real problems but I think a lot of people think life is treating them harshly because it doesn't meet their expectations rather than because there's anything intrinsically wrong with it.

woody2000

I went to school with this guy:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/bradford/6496885.stm

He's f*cked it up really, really badly.

noteeth
    Free Member

She's married now, I'll say that much.

oddjob
    Free Member

Wow
    How can you ever think that the solution is killing the mother of your unborn child.
    Clearly nuts and a sad story.

tree-magnet
    Free Member

Wow, this thread has improved my mood today! 😀

Mind you, the thread title was a bit of a give away…

plumber
    Free Member

I married the most beautiful woman I've ever seen

Then she divorced me

For which i will be forever grateful,

Thank you sweetie 🙂

lowey

Well I was about to have a little moan, but I dont think I'd qualify having read this now.

Chin up Binners mate… sorry to hear your having a hard time.

Royston, that story is just horrendous. Credit to you for keeping going mate.

flippinheckler
    Free Member

Always look on the bright side of life… de dum de dum de dum de dum..always look on the bright side of life…

binners

Big Dummy. I **** love you. That's just given me the best laugh I've had in ages. And frightening accurate. NBT has already picked up on your one error

KINGTUT
    Free Member

In one 5 min phone call in which I had to make an on the spot decision, I chose the wrong one, a decision which lost me the potential to increase my annual profits by tens of thousands.

No one died, but it sticks in my throat.

samuri
    Free Member

yep, some of the stories here make my life seem great, which it probably is really.

To be honest, if my life ever seems crap again, I'll just think of this…

"whispering in Spanish"

And I will instantly be perked up. Absolutely brilliant. I have actually been laughing so hard I was finding it hard to breath.

nbt

hughjengin, I saw that on the BBC website the other day. Horrendous

samuri
    Free Member

BigDummy, Binners is a designer not an IT bod. Apart from that….

Obvious really, only a designer who likes MAC's would get up to all that stuff BigDummy suggested. An IT Bod would spend his evenings writing code in his bedroom while his wife shagged Malcom from Accounts senseless under the auspices of 'working late'.

Royston
    Free Member

Two more stories as we're on such a cheery note. and these make me put my situation into context.
    First, a good friend of mine now works with the mother of a girl who was stabbed over 200 times by her 'boyfriend' and I work with a woman who had a drunken row with her husband, who stormed off in the car saying he was going to kill himself. Well he killed two other people in another car and is now in prison.
    I reckon you can only control so much about your own life and there's always loads of people in much worse circumstances than your own.

binners

Sweet jesus! Things are unremittingly grim at the moment, but there's not the risk of anything hammer related occurring. Yet.

nbt

This'll cheer you up, some CCTV footage of Binners in the local offy last night after he and PaulyPaul finished that last bottle of Mad Dog 20/20

Coyote
    Free Member

So, c'mon Binners. What's the story?

hughjengin
    Free Member

Hammer case

Its a grim one for sure, I was in shock when I heard the news break, if you could have put 1000 blokes in a room, and single out person who would have never got in trouble, you'd have picked Simon for sure

molgrips
    Free Member

Good perspective-putting-things-in thread this. I've got nothing besides a debt mountain and a chosen career path in temporary work..

snowslave

Adam, it could be much worse. You could also work in IT?

ForkingOurSouls
    Free Member

Does graphic design count as IT? 😕

Oh, what a mess…

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Dear me! I thought I'd screwed up when i didn't get out of an ailing business early enough, or if I'd stayed in my original (council plant fitters) job & be retired now. Instead I work on a prison wing with 88 prisoners on varying doses of methodone each day.
    88 people with buggered up lives.

rogerthecat
    Free Member

This happened to my wife's cousin 2 weeks ago!! clickety

badblood
    Free Member

I have buggered abit of my life up but some of it was buggered for me:

Dad died when I was 2, mother was Asthmatic, blind, diabetic, arthritic and eventually died when I was 17, we had very little money, I was rather podgy with Joe 90 glasses so got the usual bullying throughout school.

Sold the house, bought a flat, blew the remaining money, couldn't/wouldn't get a job. Sold contents of the flat and eventually sold the flat and blew the money in approx 4 months.

Met a girl who is now my wonderful wife and mother to my 2 fantastic daughters(thats the good bit)

Diagnosed with Polycistic Kidney Disease at age 25 just before getting a job in a call centre where I progressed to Training Manager.

Got made redundant last year and struggled to find a job since (not for want of Trying)

Now on Dialysis waitng for some poor bugger to die so I can have one of their kidneys, don't have a job, don't have a great deal of energy or concentration due to kidney failure.

But I do have a great family and I am trying to remain positive even though it feels like I keep getting kicked in the nuts some days!

There are people a hell of a lot worse off but I still feel pretty shit some days.

There, I actually feel a bit better for that!

flippinheckler
    Free Member

Blimey badblood thought I had problems…so do get to ride a bike these days or is that a stupid question! 😳

badblood
    Free Member

I try to ride but I had to flog my car so I have trouble getting to the forest. I went to Whinlatter last week for the day but pushed all the way up and I was that knackered I couldn't stand up for the whole descent!

I really need to try to get out more.

sharki
    Free Member

Edited, as it's nothing to laugh about.

But i'm in the shite and it's looking like a big pile to shift before i get out of it…one thing for sure, as i shift it, i seem to be piling it on from another pile..

grumm
    Free Member

Crikey reading some of this stuff puts my worries into perspective.

Good luck out there everyone!

hora
    Free Member

Anyway, nevermind all this- worse problems to come binners. Had our scan today. There is going to be a male hora to continue the manwhoring line. In a few years time, one day he will be breaking girls hearts throughout manchester…..get your daughters upto the Lakes now! 😀

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Bloomin' eck – i thought losing my fiancee and being made redundant with a mortgage hanging over me was a bad deal!

At least i'm healthy, so i'll stop complaining.

lyons
    Free Member

I should show this thread to my parents… They seem to think ive made a buggery of my life so far… I feel sorry though for the people who have had no part in their bad luck.

A friend of a friend of mine, made a bit of a mistake. He was 18, just finished alevels and due to join the marines. He was exactly how you would imagine someone being who would join the forces… Im sure w=he would have had a great career. Instead, one night him and a few others decided to go to some local woods, and mess around with BB guns. They got a bit hungry and ordered some pizza's. Somewhere along the line, one of them suggested robbing the pizza, and cash. They probably would have got away with that. But instead they stole the pizza delivery car, tied the driver to a tree, and took the car for a drive. They got pulled over, and charged for a number of offences, including armed robbery. He got 12 years in prison, will never be able to join the army etc, and a serious criminal record. Really not the kind of person you would have expected to be involved with that kind of thing… It was all his own fault though, and im sure he now regrets it.

rs
    Free Member

hora – Member
    Anyway, nevermind all this- worse problems to come binners. Had our scan today. There is going to be a male hora to continue the manwhoring line. In a few years time, one day he will be breaking girls hearts throughout manchester…..get your daughters upto the Lakes now!

Might be gay you know 🙂

BoardinBob

Nothing bad personally but I remember my mum being in hospital and there was a young guy, early twenties in the ward.

He'd had a massive row with his parents one night, stormed out the house and spent the night sleeping rough. In the middle of January.

Severe frostbite meant they had to amputate both his feet 😯

allthepies
    Free Member

>Might be gay you know

PMSL

hora
    Free Member

Might be gay you know

I know but I couldnt face the PITA of a daughter when they hit 13.

shoefiti
    Free Member

Now on Dialysis waitng for some poor bugger to die so I can have one of their kidneys, don't have a job, don't have a great deal of energy or concentration due to kidney failure.

That's not good BadBlood, i'm hoping things look up for you soon. Just don't take any jobs delivering pizza, it's just not safe.

silverpigeon
    Free Member

2 years ago things were looking shite. Business was going down the tubes and my house along with it.

Sold the business to a bigger mug (he went bust within a year) moved to the Channel Islands, and things are looking a lot rosier.

The whole thing turned around in a matter of weeks. It is amazing what you can do when you stop feeling sorry for yourself

cinnamon_girl

I don't see how you can turn your life around in a recession. Perhaps someone can explain it to me please?

rs
    Free Member

I don't see how you can turn your life around in a recession. Perhaps someone can explain it to me please?

Sell business, move to channel islands 🙂

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 86 total)

The topic ‘Buggering your life up?’ is closed to new replies.