Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Bugger!
  • allyharp

Just booked myself a non-refundable London – Glasgow train ticket for the 26th of March when I needed the 26th of February! 🙁

Now have to decide whether to let the 40 quid go to waste or to turn it into another trip home – which isn't very necessary since I was intending to go for the Easter weekend less than 2 weeks later.

Jamie
    Free Member

Chuck it on the classifieds…you never know. Is it a single or a return?

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

Chuck it on the classifieds

bear in mind they are not transferrable…

allyharp

Just had a look at and now realise that Good Friday is a week earlier than I thought!

It's a single ticket – with a 16-25 railcard which significantly narrows down the number of people who could use it 😕

allyharp

Not transferable why sfb?

I can collect the ticket at the machine anytime and from then on it's a ticket without anybody's name or details attached.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

Not transferable why sfb?

it's a breach of their terms and conditions, though I guess you're unlikely to be found out

Jamie
    Free Member

it's a breach of their terms and conditions, though I guess you're unlikely to be found out

So not really worth pointing out, but thanks for playing.

darrell
    Free Member

there should be a short time after booking in which you are allowed to cancel. with airlines this is usually 24 hours after booking.

allyharp

When I go into the Virgin website it states that it is non-refundable so there's no cancel button. I think that's just the rules with "Advance" tickets.

JoeNation
    Free Member

In the past I've been able to get a refund, minus a £5 charge. May not apply to your particular type of ticket, but I've done it with advance tickets before.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Bugger!’ is closed to new replies.