Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Budget workstands
  • MoreCashThanDash

Thinking of a workstand but the budget is only £60-80. Is this going to be a false economy – worth saving for a “better” one? Anyone got one that has lasted years with no problems?

Rather taken with the Park PCS9, but I see Merlin have deals on one of theirs

baa
    Free Member

I’ve got PCS 10 which was in a sale, the PCS 9 looks ok and you can’t go wrong with Park stuff, they really do make a difference when doing any
    work on the bike

robyzf1
    Free Member

check out rutland cycles ebay shop. fatspaner stand. got one last week. v sturdy yet folds down very compact

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos

I got an endinburgh co-op one on sale. works well enough.

Junkyard
    Free Member
    grumm
    Free Member

I’ve got the Bike Tools Union one, which is really good quality imo – it also seems to be branded as other things. Not had it for that long so can’t comment on the longevity.

swoosh
    Free Member

i’ve got one of those Boss S3000 ones from that Ribble site, very good it is too and definitely worth spending money on a workstand, makes doing anything a sinch.

flamejob
    Free Member

I have a PCS 9. It is a bit of a pain in the ass to store and weighs a ton. The 10 looks better.

fbk
    Free Member

I’ve got a Park PCS 10 – main advantages over the PCS 9 is a much better “QR” bike clamp and folding legs so much easier to store.

Can’t recommend Park enough – I had a problem with mine and got fantastic service – almost immediate response to emails and replacement parts sent direct from the US……with an apology for the hassle I’d had!!

Marvelous 🙂

Bludgeon
    Free Member

I use a TACX 3000: wiggle Worked well on my hartail frame but my Prophet doesn’t quite fit due to the fat downtube.

Before that I tried a TACX T3050: Wiggle this is a very good stand IMO; stable etc, but my large Hardrock frame didn’t really fit properly – bike too long So any long wheelbase bike or a bike with a slack head angle might have trouble too.

Stands in general do make jobs so much easier.

mojo5pro
    Free Member

Another vote for the park pcs-10

BoardinBob

Lifeline Spin Doctor Deluxe

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/p/cycle/7/LifeLine_Spin_Doctor_Deluxe_Workstand/5360009217/

Sturdy. Easily adjustable. Folds away nicely.

jam-bo

rigged this up today, not perfect but does the job…

yoshimi

I’ve got one of those X-tools ones, its a generic one, lots of companys put their name on them, was about £60 from merlin at the time, had it for couple of years and going strong – well worth it, folds away if required and very sturdy

antigee

jam bo – the rig is good but blow me (well actually no but you know what i mean) producing a perfect pink plastic jug – with handle! – on a potters wheel – now that is too clever – stop it

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Budget workstands’ is closed to new replies.