Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Bt Vision
  • maloo
    Free Member

Just moved house so looking a supplier of Phone, Broadband and TV. No Virgin media in the area so its down to BT and Sky. Im tempted to go with Bt Vision but I dont know anybody who has it, So can anyone recomend it ?

ScottChegg
    Free Member

No.

Internet based so unless you have a rock-solid speedy internets, you are going to struggle.

Freesat HD for tv, if you can’t abide Sky. Phone? Whoever will give you the most cashback!

Pieface

BT Vision interface makes Virgin look good.

supertacky
    Free Member

I have BT Vision and have found it to be pretty good. The user interface is great and its very easy to program recordings. Only draw back for me is the lack of HD from freeview. The wife and kids enjoy the on demand films which are funnily enough in HD?????

bitemebryn
    Free Member

I used to quite like Bt vision, but ditched it last year due to it being unable to keep up with the advances in HD, and the fact that nothing was in the pipe line to rectify this. If your not bothered about HD then IMO its not a bad service.

maloo
    Free Member

cheers guys, not too bothered about HD for regular tv programs. Is the selection of on demand content good, are there many tv programs and films ?

rewski
    Free Member

Yes, it’s great, been very reliable for me, very easy to use pvr, plus I hear they’ve got HD multicast channels coming and the Youview service, for the money there’s no better service out there IMO. Unless you want the Sky HD channels that no one really watches. On Demand is all the latest box office films some same day as DVD release, plus loads of library films and TV content, the new BBC iPlayer service is great too, they’ve also got an Red Bull area with lots on biking docs eg: Atherton Project etc.

carbon337
    Free Member

I get it free being an employee – if i had to pay i wouldnt have it.

Its years behind sky/cable in my opinion but if your after standard definition freeview with a nice record and rewind function its fine.

The On Demand HD movies can take 24hrs to buffer up so no use for spontaneous viewing and even with the standard def movie there is minimal choice. Some of the content is shocking, movies you’ve never heard of – however they do get the odd box office smash through just before dvd release.

smogmonster

Yup, got BTVision here….its, erm, OK. Id rather have Sky, buts im not allowed due to planning regs. Im on a 6meg connection and HD films download in about 2hrs. There is a good choice of on demand stuff, but the complete lacxk of HD Freeview, and apparent lack of intention to bring it in the future will be a major downer when our area (TyneTees) finally turns the HD signal on. At least its cheaper than Sky….though not by much.

Adam_85
    Free Member

I’ve ordered it and its coming july 12th but I’ve got a bad feeling about it and I’m half tempted to cancel my order 😕

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Bt Vision’ is closed to new replies.