Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • BT Infinity wall points, why so huge?
  • matt_bl
    Free Member

As per the title really, had BT infinity fitted.

Ace, super quick and always on, unlike the POC we had previously. Yes, TalkTalk you know who you are.

THe only gripe I have, or rather the missus has is that the wall point has doubled in size and sticks out about a foot from the wall. Currently I’m deflecting most of the issue by pointing out how easy it now is to watch Corrie on demand, but it can’t last forever.

Anyone know of a solution?

Thanks
    Matt

spooky_b329

As far as I know, the actual socket is the same size as the one that has been fitted for years. However, it is deeper, but I suspect you are exaggerating 😉 If you had a really old socket, they are a bit smaller but its standard practise to update them to the newer larger type anyway.

You could pay for them to move it to a less prominent position, if its sticking out into the hallway you might try phoning them up and saying you are not happy with its position as its going to get knocked off the wall etc.

But otherwise, the only way to make it smaller would be to fit a rebated metal back box into the wall, although its probably not worth the effort as it only reduce the height by about 15mm.

Cougar

Divorce?

bigyinn
    Free Member

Virgin?

CHB

bigyin, unlikely to be virgin if they are living together.

bigyinn
    Free Member

Get your mind out of the gutter chb 🙂

donsimon
    Free Member

Do you honestly believe that they can get all that extra information to you without using a larger socket? 🙄

Cougar

Is it an integrated microfilter instead of a dangly box, perhaps? Or a BT ‘iPlate’ (aka ‘licence to print money plate’)?

matt_bl
    Free Member

It’s a standard box, that’s always been there, but when they fitted infinity another part almost as deep was added.

I just wonder whether the two ‘layers’ are required or whether it’s designed for ease of engineer fitting?

No cable so Virgin is not an option.

Cougar, you could be right, they told me to ditch the other microfilters when it was fitted.

Matt

sparkyrhino

Yep its all intergrated, about 25mm deeper than usual bt nte5.

rossendalelemming
    Free Member

I had the “benefit” of the wife being in when the engineer called, so he placed the box where WE wanted it. He just blanked the original BT socket and ran the cable from it. 60mb download, A bit of a difference from the 1.5mb I used to get.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘BT Infinity wall points, why so huge?’ is closed to new replies.