Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • BT Broadband
  • Gary_M
    Free Member

I’m thinking of switching to BT Broadband as I could do with a new modem/router and my current provider is fairly expensive.

I know the connection will be much the same as I have now but is the bt home hub up to much?

Also noticed its a 10gb a month allowance on the basic package. Now my son plays xbox live, we have various pc’s and apple devices using the connection and I’m not sure 10gb is enough considering I use over 1gb on my iphone.

How could I check what my monthly usage is at the moment?

Thoughts please. Thanks.

Cougar

Your current provider might be able to give you usage stats. I reckon I could easily hit 10Gb / month just on Xbox demo downloads.

Have a look at http://www.samknows.com to see what LLU providers are available to you.

Gary_M
    Free Member

thanks couger. I’ve had a look at this site and sky looks good for the money. Any experience?

emsz
    Free Member

I use the 10gb BT thingy, and I hit 7-8gb pretty easily, and I’m on vids and music downloads. Fine for one person though

andrewni
    Free Member

We’re a family of 4, with various xboxes, laptops, phones etc and we average 18-20gb a month – you’ll def need more than 10

MaryHinge
    Free Member

I just switched from BT to Sky. Very easy to do.

Speed is equally as good, and no monthly limit. Very easy Sky set up.

Family of 3 here (with xbox boy!) normally 18 – 22GB per month.

Gary_M
    Free Member

thanks Mary Hinge. No issues with the router? I take it the router is wireless.

wolvesdug
    Free Member

Speak with BT as got got option 3 broadband for the same price as option 1 so get unlimited downloads.

MaryHinge
    Free Member

yeah, wireless router, and the simplest to set up of the half dozen or so routers I’ve had.

trail_rat
    Free Member

Sky were a bunch of **** at our last gaff

Constantly dropping out or going stupidly slow but then id phone them they would swear nowt was wrong but speed would go up again soon as i got of rhe phone !

Nightmares getting them to install – missed 2 install dates ( didnt actually do anything when he came anyway just stuck a line tested in and made a phone call !

Never again cheap for a reason ! Im with bt now , home hub seems good had it at 2 houses now And the new one looks even better,

Not had an issue and even though i only get 2mb speed due to location its much better for streaming media thab skys supposed 10mb was at old gaff !

uponthedowns
    Free Member

I switched from viginmedia to BT Broadband about 6 months ago. Broadband speed is now much faster but more importantly no throttling at peak times like virgin used to do.

I tried using the BT modem/router for a while but changed back to my Belkin which has better wireless range

Cougar

I’m with Sky. No problems with the service and it’s the cheapest if you get TV as well; dealing with their “support” however is a royal pain in the cods.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘BT Broadband’ is closed to new replies.