Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Brown Cork tape, where from?
  • Trustyrusty
    Free Member

I’ve nearly finished refurbishing my old Sunn Roader and I think it’ll look great with brown saddle/grips. The saddle is easy, but apart from Brooks leather tape (which looks lovely, but as long as there is still a hole in my arse, I’m not spending nearly £30 on bar tape!) I can’t see any cork tape in brown.

Any help gratefully received,

Ta TR

grumm
    Free Member

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/p/Cycle/7/Charge_U-Bend_Bar_Tape/5360033001/

Not cork though. I am interested too – getting a kaffenback soon.

tekp2
    Free Member

I used the Japanese stuff that Brant sells for my Kaffenback. They seem to have removed the photo from the on-one site, so here’s a snap of the tape on mine. It is £25 though…

BadlyWiredDog
    djglover
    Free Member

Condor Cycles do it, not on the net though, but call them up and they’ll send you some

Trustyrusty
    Free Member

Yep, the Charge stuff looks OK, but Wiggle says it’s not going to be in stock ’til april, booo!

I did see that Salsa do it, but I don’t think it’s brought into the UK 😥 mind you, being a lioght, cheap item it might be worth ordering direct from the USA, Mmmmmm.

tekp2, thanks but £25 is still a bit steep, I’ve just built the bike up and it’s looking pretty fine with boring old black stuff 😉

Trustyrusty
    Free Member

Cheers DJGlover, Condor do their own for £7.50 + postage, sorted 😀

Sheriff_Fatman

You can get the Gel Salsa Cork tape in brown from http://www.billys.co.uk/english/group.php?prod=hgsa-gelcork (I know, because I did a couple of weeks ago). Good service as well and the brown tape looks great!

BadlyWiredDog

A mate of mine has the Salsa tape on his cross bike, looks nice. So yes, they do bring it in, I think just in case anyone’s interested.

grumm
    Free Member

Just ordered some from condor – nice lady on the phone asked if there had been a magazine article about them having brown bar tape, as there had been a bit of a run on it recently.

The power of STW forum!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Brown Cork tape, where from?’ is closed to new replies.