Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 50 total)
  • Brooks charged – phonehacking
  • TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Rebekah Brooks and her husband, Charlie, are to be charged with conspiracy to pervert the course of justice over the phone-hacking inquiry.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-18062485

People do serious jail time for that – now will she dish the dirt?

jota180
    Free Member

People do serious jail time for that – now will she dish the dirt?

I guess the thought of a perjury charge on top of that will mean she’s frank

batfink
    Free Member

Operation Elveden is examining allegations that journalists from News International made “inappropriate” payments to police

This is interesting too….. News international is an American company, which means the that Dept of Justice will string-up Mr Murdoch under the “Foreign and corrupt practices act” if this is found to be true

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

now will she dish the dirt?

no, she’ll turn up with a pram with a “baby on board” sticker and everyone will go “awwwww” and that’ll be the end of it

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

News international is an American company, which means the that Dept of Justice will string-up Mr Murdoch under the “Foreign and corrupt practices act” if this is found to be true

Maybe he should get in touch with Conrad Black for tips concerning how to survive inside ?

He stands zero chance of being prosecuted, convicted, and punished, in the UK imo. Which is a complete disgrace.

wrecker
    Free Member

He stands zero chance of being prosecuted, convicted, and punished, in the UK imo. Which is a complete disgrace.

I don’t reckon the mericans will touch him either.

batfink
    Free Member

He stands zero chance of being prosecuted, convicted, and punished, in the UK imo

Hopefully a US prosecutor will look to make a name for his/herself by putting him on trial…. now if there was ony a way to implicate Simon Cowell *evil laugh*

batfink
    Free Member

I don’t reckon the mericans will touch him either.

yeah…. Fox are crazy-powerful in the US I suppose

nbt
    TandemJeremy
    Free Member

I think she will dish the dirt if she is going to go to jail – I suspet even a deal – non custodial sentence in return for dishing the dirt. She has the power to bring down Cameron

bikebouy
    Free Member

She’ll be fine, she knows people doesn’t she. I mean, if she really told, all 2/3rds of the Govt would cough a splutter and we don’t want that do we.
    I think it’s all down to the fact that she’s Ginger and spells her name incorrectly.

“could be wrong mind”

donsimon
    Free Member

She’ll keep her mouth shut, do her time and get a nice big bonus to help her on her return and reintegration into society. Then get a book deal.

alex222
    Free Member

She hasn’t been charged with phone hacking has she? I thought she had been charged with perverting the course of justice.

Either way she won’t go down for it; well maybe on Rupert Murdoch for paying for her lawyers.

She’ll keep her mouth shut

this contradicts my predictions

MSP

She has the power to bring down Cameron

It’s not about Cameron, he is just the current puppet. The whole murky world of corrupt power, politics and the role of the media in supporting it needs to be brought down.

Unfortunately there is little tradition in law in criminalising the immorality of those with power and wealth, I suspect little will change.

The charges brought smacks of tokenism and will do little to change the real problems.

footflaps

I think she’ll get off scot free, too well connected to do any time…

jota180
    Free Member

Not easy to get off scot free when a jury is involved

Aitken and Archer weren’t able to use their connections to avoid the gaoler

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

As Jota says -in a case like this the DPP must have a good case and Aitken and Archer went down

bowglie

My favourite observation relating to this lot was from Frank Skinner

This Tory government is much like a rainbow.

It looks good from a distance, but on close inspection it has no real substance, you can see right through it and it’s only there because of the Sun. 😀 Quite

kimbers

her husband is charged too, im assuming its this which was so laughably shady at the time
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2011/jul/18/mystery-bag-bin-rebekah-brooks

hes an old school chum of cameron ill bet CMD is really quite annoyed by all this
    I imagine hes texting him right now……
    Hi Brooks old chap, sorry you had to take the fall like that, see you in 6months, ill get Jeff Archer to give you some tips on who to avoid in the showers, be just like old times at boarding school eh!
    LOL Dave

ps SamCam says she knows how to make a strap-on out of a bra and a toothbrush holder, she’ll send the info to Bex

bowglie

p.s. Oh, and is it just me, or does Rebekah Brooks bear a striking resemblance to Noddy Holder?!

wrecker
    Free Member

Beccy is a VIXEN I TELL YOU!
    She will be mine. ahem. sorry. Again.

bowglie

Hi Brooks old chap, sorry you had to take the fall like that, see you in 6months, ill get Jeff Archer to give you some tips on who to avoid in the showers, be just like old times at boarding school eh!
    LOL Dave

😆

Junkyard
    Free Member

People I am scared by all of this and everything that is happening

Can you die from schadenfreude?

allthepies
    Free Member

How do you know this ?

theflatboy
    Free Member

bowglie – Member

p.s. Oh, and is it just me, or does Rebekah Brooks bear a striking resemblance to Noddy Holder?!

a lot more like shaun white –

pingu66
    Free Member

Brilliant, umm she will probably get a book deal and make even more money!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wrecker
    Free Member

Oooooh ^^^ She’s niiiice.

RustySpanner

Interesting statement:

She denied nothing, unlike her husband.
    Be interesting to hear more details of the charge.

PJay
    Free Member

I suspect that a lot of people have been very naughty, but I guess that you kind of expect it from the gutter press. My worry is that ‘the establishment’ will push all the focus on News International and the journalists and that the police (who stand accussed of selling confidential information – but are still doing the ‘investigatng’) and polititians (who I suspect are in it up to their eyeballs) will get away with it.

I don’t know if UK law has any plea bargain equilavent; I’d rather see the police and polititians in the dock.

kimbers

allthepies – Member
    TandemJeremy said » I think she will dish the dirt if she is going to go to jail – I suspet even a deal – non custodial sentence in return for dishing the dirt. She has the power to bring down Cameron
    How do you know this ?

well she was in charge of a paper thats been tapping phones of the most powerful people in the country for the last 20 or so years I imagine that the murdochs have got dirt on just about everyone

nickf
    Free Member

My prediction: she’ll be found guilty, and be sentenced to 18 months in prison. This looks to have been a pretty concerted attempt to conceal the truth, and accordingly the sentencing, assuming she’s found guilty, will not be trivial.

It’ll utterly finish her career.

maccruiskeen

Beccy is a VIXEN I TELL YOU!
    She will be mine. ahem. sorry. Again.

You’re not from Uganda are you? At the height of hacker-gate my girlfriend got approached by a guy at a conference for Ugandan government ministers and business leaders: “Are you Rebeckah Brookes? I luuurve the Rebeckah Brookes! A tiger in the bedroom – grrrrrrrrrr”

Pigface
    Free Member

She has got fantastic hair.

Hope she goes to prison if found guilty and if 12 people find her innocent then so be it. I think she is as guilty as sin.

billyboy
    Free Member

These big companies think they can do all kinds of dirty shit and hide behind their vast and complicated corporate being to escape any blame landing anywhere.

It will be interesting to see how it turns out.

markenduro
    Free Member

Got to laugh, her hubby reckons she has been the victim of a witch hunt, well if it was it was fairly successful hunt.
    Hopefully they will all get sent down and take the rest of them with them.

bowglie

Just heard that Brooksie reckons she’s being victimised by the police and it’s all a witch hunt.

Oh, the irony eh?!

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Allthepies

She will be able to expose the lies whe know have been told but that we can get no evidence for – like coulson and his appointment to CDMs ofice, like Hunt and the stitch up over the buyout etc etc

She will have copies of all communication I bet

Kevevs
    Free Member

I think it’s all great and brilliant that these people are being made to account for, if not their personal actions, but what they stand for, as in knowing what was going on. I really don’t believe someone like this was a meagre mindless pawn, and if she was then who is moving her across the board? These people are driven by money and power and do not give a toss about morality or ordinary peoples lives. I think it is just and fair and about **** time some of this shit comes to the surface. Why the ** do these people think that their power and advancement is the be all and end all? what they did was disgusting, no matter what level of the company did it.

bowglie

Jarvis sums it up quite well 😉

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=monyiOsoKxg

slackalice
    Free Member

Rearrange the following words:

Goat, scape, deal, book, payment, excessive, non custodial, emigrate.

As above, this has been going on for soooo long it’s part of the fabric of the hallowed halls of Westminster, Scotland Yard and Fleet Street.

I just hope she spills the beans on the arch villains – Tony & Cherie Blair (witch hunt)

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 50 total)

The topic ‘Brooks charged – phonehacking’ is closed to new replies.