Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Broken Exposure Joystick
  • iamsporticus
    Free Member

Hi

Ive just had to cancel tonights night ride as my Joystick is broken 🙁

Its a Maxx I bought new and I think is about 2-3y old

I charged it earlier and have now noticed that the LED is just glowing really really dimly
    You can just see it if you look into the beam

It wont switch on fully but the switch and indicator at the back scrolls through all the modes and colours as normal when you push it

Has anyone else had this?
    I did ride through a shower last week when I used it but Ive ridden through worse and its been kept warm and dry since then plus it worked fine as far as when I got home and switched it off

I’ll phone Exposure tomorrow
    Curious to hear anyone elses experience and what they are like for out of warranty problems

Cheers!

RealMan
    Free Member

Could just be overheated? They turn off or onto low automatically when they get too hot.

I had a problem with my joystick. It was out of warranty and second hand so the warranty didn’t cover it anyway. Sent it off to them, they fixed it and upgraded it for me for free, and fairly quickly too.

akira

Exposure are pretty good to deal with, give them a call or drop them a mail and see what they say.

iamsporticus
    Free Member

Hmmmm decisions

I put it in the airing cupboard overnight and it seems fine now

I phoned Exposure who were happy to take a look at it then give me a price and suggested they could guess which bits had water in them

I seem to remember a pal sending in a light for repair which they did and upgraded too for a decent price

Anyone else?

wwaswas

you could unscrew the case put the light on for an hour or two and let the heat drive any moisture out?

if you put it on outside is their condensation under the lens glass after a ride?

iamsporticus
    Free Member

Its always been fine till last weekend

And there wasnt any condensation I could see even when it didnt work

It does look pretty good now so Im not sure I need to spend money on it yet
    I might wait and see how it goes when it next gets used in the rain

bigjim

How do you unscrew them – just need a bit of force? the battery is going in mine and I’m not paying Exposure insane money to replace a few dollar battery.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Broken Exposure Joystick’ is closed to new replies.