• This topic has 40 replies, 19 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by Taz.
Viewing 41 post (of 41 total)
  • Broken Collarbone
  • Taz

General update in case anyone is interested 🙂

Had a couple of lengthy discussions with some experts in this field as well as a lot of internet research and made the following decisions (big thanks to all who posted on here as is really helped my questioning)

I will not get surgery. Looking at the x-ray again showed that I was not as displaced as I originally thought (initial shock factor I guess!). The two parts are very close to touching and this morning in particular I can feel them rubbing if I move in certain ways. I also have very minimal overlap.

I will stick with a standard sling. Not a lot of evidence to support the figure of 8 vs standard. May well get a figure of 8 for use when I resume light training.

In terms of excercising pretty much common sense really. If it hurts don't do it. Walking and indoor recumbant for now (yipee!!!). At least the walking will be ok. Will stop me driving Mrs Taz nuts!

Will pass on the Brian Simpson clinic. Had it been local I would have given it a punt. All in though it would have been > £300 to get there and be treated plus a 9hr+ round trip. That money could get me a pretty good turbo for when I am ready.

So again – thanks for the comments. Will post an update in due course

Viewing 41 post (of 41 total)

The topic ‘Broken Collarbone’ is closed to new replies.