• This topic has 17 replies, 15 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by LoCo.
Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Bristol Bikefest
  • amt27
    Free Member

Just back after crashing out of bikefest 12hr solo male with a totalled front wheel, broken helmet and buggered shoulder. Second crash on the “beggar bush” section, what it wrong with me. Was in the lead as well, proper gutted.

Good luck to everyone who’s still racing now and tomorrow. Thanks to the guys who stopped and help me and the ambulance crew for checking me over.

rOcKeTdOg

Crap, just got back myself after taking loads of pics but missed this!

Heal quickly chap

amt27
    Free Member

cheers pal, have a wheel pic,

plodtv
    Free Member

crash and front wheel took me out too, but I am all in one piece. Hope you recover soon fella!

b_man
    Free Member

beer and crisps took me out, hope the shoulder injury heaps quick, they can be a real arse

pedalhead
    Free Member

bad luck, heal quick. Definitely some potential for crashes on the sketchy bits of that course

flashes
    Free Member

You should have seen it today, slippy and moist….but good fun. Get well soon……

milkherd
    Free Member

Watching was great fun and was a lot easier than riding!
    I managed to get a camera on the first lap leader. Here’s a condensed lap:

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JughIYVgH0M[/video]

I only noticed his heartbeat when I plugged in my bass speaker to the laptop!

Special_ized_Jamie

Good lord that was fast and nice to get a glimpse of the new sections

grahamh
    Free Member

Didn’t ride this year, but walked sections of it this year. My legs are really hurting.

rp16v
    Free Member

new trail was superb but no longer looks like that after allot of straight lining on the berms ect has torn it all apart rode it today and still was nice tho.

amt27
    Free Member

cheers guys, proper sore today, aching everywhere,

my first crash was due to some rather dangerous overtaking on the Beggar Bush / Wall section, whilst I was given clearance to pass the rider in front another rider undertook us both, bars tangled, I went into a tree, the others rode off, 2 guys at the back of the train picked me up and took note of my number for the marshalls, top fellas,

colwyn58
    Free Member

what bike is the bloke in the video riding – Trek?

scottyroyal
    Free Member

twas a Ghost Lector

singletracksurfer

great vid – makes me even more jealous I couldn’t make it though 😥

LoCo
    Free Member

Great weekend and some cracking results for the team too, 3 Podiums in ladies 12 and 6 hour solo and for Dave riding with the Moo’s in team 12, roll on Oktoberfest 😀

Trimix
    Free Member

That vid looks like one of my laps…………………..only much faster.

LoCo
    Free Member

Other team results here http://bm-racing.co.uk/results as my edit timed out 😳

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Bristol Bikefest’ is closed to new replies.