Viewing 19 posts - 41 through 59 (of 59 total)
  • Brisk westerlies – batten down the hatches!
  • dazzlingboy

Oh that http://earth.nullschool.net is very nice. Awesome.

brakes
    Free Member

wish I’d turned Strava on on the way home. for the first time in 2 years of this particular commute I had a tailwind. a tailwind uphill – I was FLYING. WWEEEEEEE!!!!

mudshark
    Free Member

Came back late on the train after Christmas meal, rang to get the wife to pick me up from next station along as tree down near my station; she collected me OK but then told me not to let this happen again, I should check the weather to see if it’s likely a tree might get blown down apparently.

surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

It’s a wheelie bin carousel round here, the 3rd time we’ve had windy bits on bin day…just tidied up after the last one!

takisawa2

Nice & calm in the Ford of Staff’shire, now.

Are we over the worstest then…?

breadcrumb

Jeez, it were windy last night!

Lost a ridge tile, which is a shitter. What’s the STW guess on cost? Bearing in mind I’m up North?

mogrim

Pissing down in Madrid. Sunny Spain my arse.

iainc

Normal winter windy night south of Glasgow

PaulMc
    Free Member

It was a bit rough on the ferry to Dublin last night but the A55 to Holyhead was worse.

bikebouy
    Free Member

I am “virtually” windsurfing from my desk in the office..

It’s not quite the same, a little dryer and with coffee breaks but I’d rather be getting salty.. 😉

footflaps

Lost a ridge tile, which is a shitter. What’s the STW guess on cost? Bearing in mind I’m up North?

Down South £200 +VAT
    Up North £6.20 worth of Greggs’ finest lard bake.

Gary_M
    Free Member

Lat night’s commute home was about the hardest ever. It was okay through town but as soon as I got up on the moor it was mental. 10 miles heading south west into a ferocious wind and torrential rain – I could taste the sea air in the wind.

Still loved it though 🙂

cinnamon_girl

So … the largest tree in the garden came down during the night. 😯

The good news is that it hasn’t damaged my neighbour’s fence as it’s just resting … at the moment.

dannyh
    Free Member

Standard wednesday evening night ride last night turned into one of those ‘do you remember that ride’ kind of rides.

Gusting to at least 50mph with driving rain. Only once have my face and eyes hurt more due to rain! An ‘experience’ rather than a ride for most of it!

Waterproofs couldn’t cope and post-ride pint was abandoned for fear of getting a ban from the pub on the basis of leaving a small pond everywhere we stood for more than 30 seconds.

Now desperately trying to get kit and shoes in particualr dry for tomorrow morning in the the Peaks – the old ‘stuffing with newspaper and putting on a radiator’ trick seemed to have part-worked this morning. Removed the paper (now papier mache) and put back on the radiator for some air-drying.

jonjones262
    Free Member

good job my garden fence was blown down last week, it was right windy last night

Gary_M
    Free Member

Only once have my face and eyes hurt more due to rain! An ‘experience’ rather than a ride for most of it!

Agree, a cap worn under your helmet is great in those conditions as it really deflects the rain. Unfortunately mine was in my back pocket and I wasn’t stopping to put it on. It was dry when I left work and too warm to stick it on ‘just in case’.

breadcrumb

Down South £200 +VAT
    Up North £6.20 worth of Greggs’ finest lard bake.

Sounds about right! Got a reasonable quote, quite a few other tiles are damaged too. Getting sorted tomorrow, hopefully before the next bout of wind.

CountZero

spooky_b329 – Member
    Hmmm…regretting not fixing the fence from last months week’s storm…bet it will be on the floor tomorrow morning

Bodged mine last Sunday, with my brother’s help, panels falling apart and the posts rotting at the base. Long chunks of timber, and some angled braces mean it’ll stay upright until the Spring.
    Hopefully.
    Actually, it survived last night’s blowy conditions, and tonight’s going to be a bit breezy, and the rest of the weekend, it seems.
    Been up nearly twenty years, about time there was a good reason to replace it…

molgrips
    Free Member

Nice day in London today, until I got caught in a windy cold very wet and thundery squall near Paddington!

Viewing 19 posts - 41 through 59 (of 59 total)

The topic ‘Brisk westerlies – batten down the hatches!’ is closed to new replies.