Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • B.Richards interview
  • elaineanne
    Free Member

why isnt the Brant Richards interview/video working properly (really would like to see ALL of this video (sounds very interesting but extrememly slow.

allthepies
    Free Member

Well he is Northern!

Teetosugars
    Free Member

sounds very interesting but extrememly slow.

Sounds like a lot of people on here then… 😉

elaineanne
    Free Member

😆 :mrgreen: daft sods ! 😉

ton

i would buy him a pint……………top bloke. 8)

elaineanne
    Free Member

at least he lives im my neck o’t’ woods.. 😉

brant
    Free Member

at least he lives im my neck o’t’ woods..

Elaine Anne:-

1) It’s not a competition.
    2) I’ve not ridden up Jack Bridge, staring at your arse, then designed a bike geometry around it 🙂

IanMunro
    Free Member

You’ve designed a bike geometry to aid staying at ladies bottoms?
    Cool!

brant
    Free Member

You’ve designed a bike geometry to aid staying at ladies bottoms?

I’ve NOT… No – I rode up Jack Bridge staring at Ton’s bum and decided that taller riders need steeper seat angles, which isn’t what normally happens (bum staring, or geometrically historically).

ton

😯 😯 😆

Hairychested
    Free Member

So no more crap-looking bent Thomson seatposts? Thanks!
    BTW You interviewer looks in love (or lust?) with you. Still pulling at the old age 😈

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Steeper seat angle?

Surely the better option is a longer chainstay? The 456 is a pig to climb with the fork locked down (about 5deg steeper than its normal position) so why make it steeper again?

Shandy
    Free Member

If your hips are stranded way out over your back wheel it becomes very hard to keep your weight centred on the bike. A longer chainstay would help prop up the rear end but it wouldn’t solve the problem of your hips being miles behind your cranks.

LoCo
    Free Member

Intrigued, by the 170mm front 100/120mm rear Ragley full suspension bike he was chatting about, also what shocks will the Nuke proof worldcup team be running?

ElShalimo

Did i mis-hear or can we really expect complete Ragley bikes in February?
    very interesting…. wonder what the spec/cost will be?

Hairychested
    Free Member

I think he was talking about his shock, or was it beer I’d drank that made me hear it?

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

If your hips are stranded way out over your back wheel it becomes very hard to keep your weight centred on the bike. A longer chainstay would help prop up the rear end but it wouldn’t solve the problem of your hips being miles behind your cranks.

Yes but relatively, unless you have disproportionately long/short upper/lower legs surely the position for your saddle is relatively the same?

Mark

Sorry about the tech issues. The interview video file turns out to be 240mb! That story has been read 2500+ times already! That’s a lot of bandwidth even for our two 100mb pipe servers.

Jon is compressing it a bit more now and a new 60mb version is uploading as I type. That should make streaming it a bit more feasible 🙂

sam42
    Free Member

I watched it to see if the fabled ragley dropper post would come in a 27.2 flavour, and got my answer.
    *SPOILER ALERT*
    Doesn’t look like it will..
    i always thought it’d be tricky with the too much gubbins, not enough space situation inside a 27.2..

LoCo
    Free Member

There is a post that’s being devoloped at the moment that will come in 27.2 😉 more details to follow when I know more !

Harry_the_Spider

If I’d endured a climb staring at Ton’s arse I would have been inspired to design a blindfold and something to wipe my memory.

Andituk
    Free Member

KS have a 27.2 dropper post. Theyv’ve made the gubbins external.

Shandy
    Free Member

Yes but relatively, unless you have disproportionately long/short upper/lower legs surely the position for your saddle is relatively the same?[/quote]

The saddle position is similar but if the top tube length remains constant, steepening the seat angle lengthens the reach and puts more weight on the front. On the 456 you really felt like you were riding on the fork at times to get the most out of it, on the Blue Pig this isn’t so noticeable. The reach also gives you more room to get your weight onto the front end when you’re climbing.

ahwiles
    Free Member

thisisnotaspoon – Member

Steeper seat angle?

Surely the better option is a longer chainstay?

yes, except that 456 chainstays are already 430ish mm long, make them much longer and the bike would be very hard to manual/wheelie.

brant
    Free Member

The interview video file turns out to be 240mb! That story has been read 2500+ times already! That’s a lot of bandwidth even for our two 100mb pipe servers.

The *page* has been viewed that many times. Probably cos people keep reloading 🙂

scaredypants

ah,

was wondering who B Richards was

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘B.Richards interview’ is closed to new replies.