Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Breastfeeding Doll for kids
  • GrahamS

What does the collective make of this then:

http://uk.lifestyle.yahoo.com/family-parenting/educational-inappropriate-let-daughter-breastfeed-doll-article-ez4w.html

Seems like a great idea to me, but several friends (who are mums) are incredulous about it.

dobby156
    Free Member

I just don’t get these sorts of things at all, like there was that slew of urinating dolls a while back, what exactly are they supposed to accomplish?

I just find them weird, really weird. Don’t really know why.

geoffj

Breastfeeding Nazis innit.

Dobbo

See how long this lasts.

Edit: My pic lasted 3 mins lol.

Cougar

“Hey, you’re six, how soon can you start reproducing?!”

TBH, I’ve never understood the obsession with ‘dollies’ in the first place. If I had a daughter she’d be getting a toy laptop and her own bodyweight in Lego.

GrahamS

Eh??

Thousands of doll designs that come with a bottle versus one that supports breastfeeding play instead.

It’s not terribly effective fascism is it? 🙄

geoffj

Eh??

Thousands of doll designs that come with a bottle versus one that supports breastfeeding play instead.

It’s not terribly effective fascism is it?

Only time will tell 😆

Cougar

Norkist.

molgrips
    Free Member

what exactly are they supposed to accomplish?

Are you a 4 year old girl? No? Well then why would you understand?

Our little girl (as I suspect all kids do) loves to mimic the things that mum and dad do. She does laundry, pumps up the tires on my bike, shouts and swears when she drops things 😳 and so on. She has not yet been taught that there’s anything wrong or weird about willies and boobies.

When she sees Mrs Grips feeding our new baby (if all goes well) then I am sure we’ll see her feeding her dolls too.

Note that she has dolls, cars, houses, planes, phones and all, and plays with them all equally. She has also not yet been taught that some things are for boys and some for girls.

philconsequence
    Free Member

*lights the crack pipe and sits back to hit f5 a few times on this baby*

molgrips
    Free Member

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

I agree with geoffj, it’s these leftie fascists with their political correct nonsense who are trying to rob our children of their innocence. Someone should put a stop to this sort of filth.

Seems like a great idea to me, but several friends (who are mums)

What you doing hanging around with women……..have you got something against men ?

I bet you want one of the bibs “which has flowers on it to indicate the nipple area” so you can wear it.

…..some people are just sick

GrahamS

I’ve got one already ernie 😀

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

mrsgrips
    Free Member

It’s interesting, but I kinda think it’s not necessary. As Mol points out kids mimic what they see…for instance when I was a little girl I went around with my dolly tucked up under my shirt while the other girls gave their babies bottles…
    I’m not sure a girl would press her parents for the ‘breast feeding dolly’ but I may be wrong. I don’t like these sorts of toys because they are very prescriptive. Biggest problem I have is if a boy wanted the doll you’d have to explain that in essence it’s not ‘really’ for him… as boys cannot breast feed babies…
    Just give your kids a doll and let them do with them as they please, breast, bottle, catapulted off the shed in the backyard and ending up in the dog poo (no mom it was her really!) 😉

GrahamS

Just give your kids a doll and let them do with them as they please

Our little one has a doll that giggles when you tickle it. Or, as she does, turn it upside down by the ankles and piledrive it repeatedly into the floor. 😆

I don’t like these sorts of toys because they are very prescriptive.

I see your point, but isn’t a doll that comes with a bottle of milk equally prescriptive?

I’m not sure I’d rush out and buy one, but I’m just surprised that mums who breastfed are okay with children bottlefeeding their dolls, but not breastfeeding them.

Isn’t that exactly the kind of stigma that you boob jugglers usually rally against?

mrsgrips
    Free Member

II do think babies with bottles are prescriptive too. Most baby dolls are very prescriptive, tho not all are. Some are just cute dolls.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Breastfeeding Doll for kids’ is closed to new replies.