Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Brass Monkeys
  • Will that lived up to its name. Great course,lost the feeling in my hands on the first lap and how painfull where they when they came back to life 😥

spokebloke
    Free Member

Agreed. Ice on water bottle every time I took a slurp, then icecream headache. To think I paid to do it too..

mdb
    Free Member

I thought it was great. It was super cold the first couple of laps but that’s hardly a surprise is it. Excellent course, not many places i got bored and on a singlespeed i certainly didn’t get much time to recover either.

My only gripe is that there could have been more loos. Queuing for nearly 15 mins was not the best way to warm up before a race.

offthebrakes
    Free Member

Was certainly a proper fisting today, respect to anyone who managed to bully a singlespeed round there for the duration. Even with gears and suspension I went from fast and furious to slow and old in the space of 4 hours 🙁

Here’s to even colder races for rounds 2 and 3!

parkaboy
    Free Member

It was my first time riding in that area, the course was fabulous 😀

IainGillam
    Free Member

Good organisation and a cracking course I thought especially the loose corners and the drop that when you came up to it for the first time you weren’t quite sure how big it was going to be. Turned out to be small but it generated some excitement on my first lap!

Iain

gee
    Free Member

Great race! Its been drying out nicely up there for a week or so, plus they really put a huge amount of effort into prepping the trails. Really enjoyed it.

@mdb Yeh it was hard on the SS but really enjoyed my first time racing it but my legs will be feeling it in the morning

jimmers
    Free Member

Good course, I was on a singlespeed as well. Though my brakes went (air in the system after storing bike upside down). Was fun going round with minimal ability to stop and had to pump the brakes to get the pressure up before starting any singletrack sections. Was going to jack it in after running into a tree though. Though enjoyed simply riding the course so plugged for another few laps.

@Jimmers It was nice having a chat with you (I was on the Haro SS 29er) I did see you go straight on at one corner I was wonder what you shouted you where going well

jimmers
    Free Member

Hello Harrison, I think SSers were in the small minority, I think I only saw 5 or 6 SSers out in the 4hr category. Even if my brakes were working I would not have been any where near the chap on the brown Singular SS, I got lapped by him twice and I did 5 laps before giving up.

captain_bastard
    Free Member

Hi Jimmers – it was me parked next to you!

i’ve never ridden in the area before, was pleasantly suprised, great course. Perfect weather as well, once i was warmed up, just like a summers day

ben1979
    Free Member

Shame, we decided not to go as it was -9degC when we got up in Leamington……

mud-monster
    Free Member

That was the best course I have ever ridden in a race!!!
    Single track fun and we all love a good bomb hole.
    Clocked 28 mph max speed weeee! sure the the top boys were over 30 mph, you do not get that in most races.

Thanks brass monkeys crew…
    See you all at the next one. [To the lovely people that gave me a jump start THANKS again!! x]

offthebrakes
    Free Member

That was my girlfriend who jump-started your car – hope you found the M3 ok 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Brass Monkeys’ is closed to new replies.