Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 43 total)
  • Branston Beans….
  • highclimber
    Free Member

All over my cupboard

anyone care to explain how this happened?

camo16
    Free Member

Classic failed escape scenario.

🙄

djglover
    Free Member

Botulisim

good luck with the rest of them

camerone
    Free Member

Wouldn’t eat the others imagine it happened in your stomach!

highclimber
    Free Member

I was wondering what the smell was that I thought was coming from the drains. Apparently not!

binners

Inexplicable. If it was Heinz Beans and Bangers then I could understand it……

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

They heard they’d been included in the iDave diet and the excitement was too much for them?

MrOvershoot

Have a 4 pack of them in the cupboard at the moment, should I don protective gear and take them into the garden 😉

montylikesbeer

It has to be said you have a nice selection of cooking sauces there

Harry_the_Spider

Suicide beans.

Nasty.

kimbers

youve seen alien right,
    well theres one loose in your kitchen now

Cougar

Botulisim

good luck with the rest of them

In all seriousness, I suspect it might well be something like that.

Mush
    Free Member

Are you sure you didn’t buy the 29er version?

highclimber
    Free Member

I must have been out when it went as I think I would have heard it pop looking at the carnage. I think it’s been like that for a few days as there are a few dessicated haricots dotted around the cupboard and it smells like cheese and baby sick after being left in a cupboard for a day or two.

portlyone

Wouldn’t the cooking kill off most bacteria? If not, how much pressure does it take to rupture a can like that?

Cougar

it smells like cheese and baby sick after being left in a cupboard for a day or two.

How would you know?

I’d email Crosse & Blackwell, send ’em the pics. You might get some free beans (and a few dishcloths).

Nick

Wouldn’t the cooking kill off most bacteria?

The bacteria creates toxins that cooking doesn’t get rid of, and it’s the toxins that kill you not the bacteria.

highclimber
    Free Member

I phoned Premier Foods and they have explained that this sometimes happens to four-packs. When in transport the tins get bashed together and sometimes one or more tins can be punctured but reseal and bacterial gasses build up until BOOM-SPLAT.

The guy was very apologetic and said he would send some reimbursement and I didn’t need to send any evidence!
    He was also fairly confident that the other tins will be fine to consume. I think I’ll just get some new ones!
    it still smells even after being Mr Muscled…TWICE!

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Blimey.

Imagine the trumping beans with that sort of power would cause. 😯

Can I have the other three tins please?

captain-slow
    Free Member

Labels on cans not lined up correctly…

portlyone

😀

Cougar

The guy was very apologetic and said he would send some reimbursement and I didn’t need to send any evidence!

To which you replied, “it’s ok, it’s all over the Internet(*) anyway.”

(* – and my walls, shelves…)

Cougar

I have an unrelated food explosion story, incidentally.

A while ago, I was microwaving a tin of soup (Heinz’ Cream of Tomato, fact fans). I’ve done this a thousand times; in for a minute and a half, stir, in for another minute and a half, eat. Adjust up or down according to oven power.

I was returning to the kitchen during the second phase when there was an almighty ‘kin *BANG* like you’ve never heard. I tore the oven door open to find a mostly empty soup bowl and an entirely internally orange microwave.

A bit of subsequently hungry legwork on the Internet lead me to think that it ‘superheated,’ whatever that meant. Just glad that the oven caught it rather than (a child’s or) my face. Be careful out there.

highclimber
    Free Member

I was microwaving a tin of soup

you put a tin in the microwave? 😯

bigyinn
    Free Member

Thread of the week! Made me chuckle lots.

cranberry
    Free Member

… and beans all over the place – what were you thinking with that photograph ??

🙂

Cougar

you put a tin in the microwave?

Don’t be an arse.

(-:

highclimber
    Free Member

Don’t be an arse

I keep trying but I fail every time. :lol

iain1775
    Free Member

Ive no comment on the state of your kitchen cupboard (don’t place heavy tins of syrup on top of less stable cardboard boxes) but your grass needs cutting

(ps Ive right clicked, saved and am emailing your pics off to Premier Foods straight away, I want free beans for life and Im not settling for anything less. This is a travesty, all over my newly installed kitchen. The shock just sent my wife into labour, and she is not even pregnant)

CaptJon
    Free Member

Glad you phoned the manufacturers, could have been a child’s face.

andrewh
    Free Member

What’s all the fuss about tins in micowaves? I’veheard about metal in them but that’s nonsense.
    Used to work in a pub and we had a 2000W microwave, around 2 1/2 times as powerful as a standard one. I gave a spoon about 3mins in it with no effect at all. It was the hotest thing I haveever touched though, and lef a spoon-shaped mark on my hand…

derek_starship
    Free Member

You inadvertanetly picked up an IED intended for a high street near you. You took it on the chin / in the tin cupboard for your country. You are a tomato sauce based hero.

Victoria cross and everyfink!

elaineanne
    Free Member

hahahaaha lol that will take some cleaning …oh dear proper suicidal beans 😉 maybe the beans decided to go on an aeroplane whilst you were alseep and quickly returned cos of all that jet lag and just decided to self combust (they’ve had a very long nite you see” 😉 :mrgreen:

Harry_the_Spider

Is that some “own brand” salad cream on the right of the lower shelf?

What have you got against Heinz? Racist.

DaRC_L

Shame on you for not buying heinz beans…

cb

Another excuse (based on no logic at all) to keep paying more for Heinz. What were you thinking buying anything else?

Harry_the_Spider

Yep, 57 varieties and not one of them will declare Jihad against your condiments and dried packet sauce mixes.

Branston – Axis of tinned food evil.

si-wilson
    Free Member

it could have bean much worse.

jon1973
    Free Member

I’d email Crosse & Blackwell, send ’em the pics. You might get some free beans (and a few dishcloths).

Tell them you were asleep in the cupboard at the time of the explosion and sustained a serious personal injury.

z1ppy

that’ll teach you to stray from the messiah that is Heinz beans.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 43 total)

The topic ‘Branston Beans….’ is closed to new replies.