Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • BRAND NEW
  • dirk_pumpa
    Free Member

I’ve been after a new set of forks for a minute and was following a couple of sets of float r’s on here and ebay. onceinalifetime had some advertised on ebay as ‘brand new’ but had adverstised a set which had seen ‘one light ride’ on here months earlier, and then put ads up further down the line claiming they were ‘brand new’.

I was interested in them but he was after a bit too much, imo. I bought a brand new set off CRC last night for 555pounds. onceinalifetime emailed me again today to see if i would reconsider my offer, i declined and explained i had already bought a set. I also explained he had advertised the forks as both new and used. It didnt go down well.

“Actually adam, they have nit been used, just fitted to a new build. you got the wrong end of the stick and had no intention of buying (I did but not at the price you were asking)

wasted your own time here.
    See ya!”

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/intense-tracer-2-hope-fox-36-mavic-deemax-one-light-ride-only-1

Pretty glad i didn’t end up dealing with him in the end tbf.

So if you go for ‘one light ride’ is it cool to advertise the goods as brand new?

JEngledow
    Free Member

If nothing else I would expect ‘brand new’ to mean that the steerer is still full length/uncut, but if they have been fitted to a bike the steerer is likely to have been cut.

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

What a tool

hamishthecat
    Free Member

Earl Grey, or Builders’? 😐

yunki
    Free Member

builders, two sugars, strong as you like and not too milky please

jota180
    Free Member

Seems to be a right charmer

d45yth
    Free Member

I can’t say what I’d like too about OIAL without fear of a ban. Best avoided in my opinion. He’s too temperamental and I can’t be bothered arguing with someone who doesn’t realise the apostrophe is 3 keys away from the comma.

z1ppy
    andyl
    Free Member

When you are about to spend £500 on something 2nd hand you need to have 100% trust that the seller is selling the truth (especially when something like forks are concerned) and you want to be 100% sure the seller is a decent person to deal with in case of any problems.

If you are not then walk away. That seems to be exactly what you did and I would say you did the right thing.

patriotpro
    Free Member

“BRAND NEW” is as you would expect to receive them from a retailer.

I.e with all boxing/wrapping etc and def not fitted/used or even breathed on more than once.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

I think this post must be a result of yor dealings with him.

http://ride.io/forum/index.php/topic,266224.msg2045660.html#msg2045660

You’ve got me tarred with the bellend brush

PiknMix
    Free Member

Must resist……….

smell_it
    Free Member
    Rorschach
    Free Member

Hang on a bit….I’m all out of rich tea!! Give me 10 minute whilst I run to Spar.

tomhoward

Builders for me, milky and one sugar.

Garibaldi anyone? Or caramel chocolate digestives?

allthepies
    Free Member

school hols end soon ?

Northwind

patriotpro – Member

“BRAND NEW” is as you would expect to receive them from a retailer.

I.e with all boxing/wrapping etc and def not fitted/used or even breathed on more than once.

Nah, that’d be “brand new in box”. Brand new just means the part is brand new, packaging isn’t part of the component.

Either way, brand new definately hasn’t been used. That’s where “as new” or “nearly new” or “ridden once” or whatever comes in.

Anyone doing otherwise is a thief. But were these definately the same forks?

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Has Realman got 2 logins?

smell_it
    Free Member

Doubt he needs two with the mods having his back.

Jamie
    Free Member

Doubt he needs two with the mods having his back.

Hey now! That would suggest that there is one rule for some, and another for others. Which is just nonsense…

smell_it
    Free Member

I’ve no issue with it, he is a paying customer afterall.

Jamie
    Free Member

I’ve no issue with it, he is a paying customer afterall.

Good to see you are back on message. Continue posting, citizen.

Suggsey
    Free Member

I just choked on a donkeys ball 😆
    Another cup please dear wife as I am way to old to get out the armchair to fetch one myself 🙄
    Youngsters these days, I remember when …………..

unklehomered
    Free Member

who’s turn is it to bring biscuits?

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘BRAND NEW’ is closed to new replies.