Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Brain problems
  • Painizgood

My Specialized Enduro 04, which I dearly love, has suddenly developed a bobbing shock. Pressure still good so I suspect the Brain unit, which also has developed a much looser lever for adjusting the ride threshold. Anyone else had similar issues? Is the Brain actually serviceable or am I looking at a new shock? I've had plenty of friends telling me to replace such an "old" bike but I'd rather sort the shock out. Cheers!

Philden
    Free Member

Mojo will service it but it will cost you here is a link

Painizgood

Thanks; I've feeling the brain part isn't serviceable though. Was wondering if anyone else had replaced theirs with a RP23 or similar. Or if anyone has a Float R + brain for sale by any chance?

Philden
    Free Member

At the bottom of the service listing it says remote brain £129 that's got to be the unit you want repaired?

Painizgood

Yes, cheers, it is.

Gary_C

Hi,I had the same problem on my '04 S-Works Enduro.

The blue coloured threshold knob on the underside of the brain unit became very easy to turn,(not the fingertip shredding job that it usually is!),also accompanied by an oil leak from the same area.

Ended up sending the complete unit off to Mojo for a full service,& they replaced the seals in the brain unit as part of the service,which cured the problem.

It also needed a new shock body,plus a new air can too,the repair cost came to around £160 iirc,which at first thought is steep,but still cheaper than a new shock imho.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Brain problems’ is closed to new replies.