Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Braided hose
  • scraprider
    Free Member

I know how and why they work on cars etc , but do you really notice any difference on a mountain bike, and is it a good subsitute for not getting a more exepensive type of brake.

Mintman
    Free Member

I reckon there's a more predictive feel to the brakes with braided hoses but because I'm not very good I haven't noticed a huge increase in performance. I do know that they helped make my bike look pretty…

Northwind

If it's anything like it is with motorbikes, people will fit them along with fresh fluid and a nice new careful bleed, and sometimes new pads at the same time, and then say "This is great, it must be the hoses!"

bialled_dikes
    Free Member

It's a useful upgrade but don't expect to be blown away by it. Just one more tick in the box.

69er
    Free Member

It just looks pretty.

carlphillips
    Free Member

done it on my dh bike…didnt make a bit of difference.

coolhandluke
    Free Member

I had them on Hope Mini brakes years ago and the got some Deore M525's for my "second" bike. The Deores were cheap but way way better than the Mini's with braised hoses so I think you are better off with better brakes in the first place.

The difference I felt between Mini's before/after braiding was marginal if totally nil so I say you should save your money unless you like pimping your ride or wasting your money.

Alternatively send me £50 and I'll pray to the mountain bike gods that you'll be a better rider in 2010. That will be a better way to spend £50.

bikewhisperer
    Free Member

They'll feel slightly more wooden, but won't the slightest bit more powerful. Physics, innit?

clubber
    Free Member

The difference is negligible – the kind of difference you'll never notice again unless you keep doing direct comparisons. They look nice though (I have a braided hose at the front on my ss)

julianwilson
    Free Member

fatmuthahubbard – Member

done it on my dh bike…didnt make a bit of difference.

the hell they didn't! fmh's are lime green and now his bike looks even dafter!

iirc it was formula or avid who didn't make braided hoses on their top end brakes when they it all the rage because it spoilt the feel of the brakes.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Braided hose’ is closed to new replies.