Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Bottle cage mounting hole positions
  • TuckerUK
    Free Member

Dopes anyone know of a resource showing relative position of bottle cage mount holes vs bottle for various mounts?

I bought my partner a Trek 4300 years ago and we found her the current bottle cage was unsuitable because the cage mount bosses were so low on the frame the bottle bottom would foul the seat tube. I emailed Trek to ask for advice on suitable bottle cages and they replied telling me I could mount the bottle cage on the handlebars (which was the end of us buying Trek). In the end, after much searching and experimentation, we found the Tacx Tao was ‘higher’ than most bottle cages in relation to the mount holes and went with that.

Now we’ve just bought youngest a new bike, and his cage mounts are conversely too high on the downtube, so that a 750ml bottle fouls the cross bar. Does anyone know of any bottle mounts that have the mounting holes especially high compared with the cage?

dmjb4
    Free Member

You can get zip tie bottle mount things that you can mount where you like. See

http://www.decathlon.co.uk/EN/apb-300-bottle-cage-bracket-17250470/

TuckerUK
    Free Member

That’s certainly an option.

But as I know (already from bitter experience) the mounting holes vary on bottle cages I’d rather get one to suit the lads stupidly placed downtube bosses.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    scaredypants

screw/bolt the cage to a bit of wood/plaggy/metal and mount the wood/plaggy/metal on the frame holes ?

(Edit: or make a new cage out of carbon and old cutlery)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Bottle cage mounting hole positions’ is closed to new replies.