Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Boring Q – Avid BB7 Pads?
  • speaker2animals

Any thoughts? I’ve only used genuine with no problems other than screeching in rain but that seems to be the lot of disk brakes though.

Any recommendations for a cheaper or ‘better’ pad? Don’t fancy risking Superstars due to their early problems unless someone convinces me they are sorted now.

johnellison
    Free Member

Never had any problems with Superstars, been using the sintered ones for about two years now. All my bikes have them in. I recommend them.

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

I have been using SS kevlars – they do a very slight squeal/whistle on every braking for me, but otherwise OK.

Otherwise I use Avid organics as they don’t squeal in the wet as much as the sintered. 2 or 3 squeals until the disc is dry.

cp

I only use SS across all my brakes – Juicy’s & XT’s, and haven’t had an issue with any of them in years and years of use.

Shimano OEM resin on the other hand…

Discobrakes sintered lasted about the same as SS sintered for me but didn’t have anything like the same stopping power as SS, and needed filing down to fit.

speaker2animals

Cheers guys you’ve convinced me to give Superstar a go. There just seemed to be a LOT of horror stories of the friction material parting from the backing in the early days.

Ta ducks.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Boring Q – Avid BB7 Pads?’ is closed to new replies.