Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • bored at work and then this ….
  • crankboy
    Free Member

Sorry straight cut and paste so emails in reverse order . The question is what next?:-

“No worries mate send me your passport number for id purposes, which western union office should I send it to? .

Jill is really worried how are little Sam and lisa taking it I’m sure Jane is being a rock and giving the Spanish police hell.

—–Original Message—–
    Sent: 26 September 2011 15:41
    To: crankboy
    Subject: Re: Sad New!!!!!!!Andrew McArthur

I’m so glad you guys replied back,I have nothing left on me right now and I was lucky to have my Life and passport with me it would have been worst if they had made away with my passports.Well i need a quick favor from you,,I was wondering if you can lend me £1,200, so that i can sort the hotel bills and get a cab to the Airport,,,you can have it wired to my name via Western Union I’ll have to show my passport as ID to pick it up here,you have my word and i can make it up to you, I promise to pay you back as soon as I get back home. Here’s my info below

Receiver’s Name :Andrew McArthur
    ADDRESS: Paseo de la Castellana 2 28046 Madrid,
    As soon as it has been done, kindly get back to me with the MTCN Confirmation number.
    I owe you a Lot

—–Original Message—–
    To: bmwamac <bmwamac@aol.com>
    Sent: Mon, Sep 26, 2011 6:58 am
    Subject: RE: Sad New!!!!!!!Andrew McArthur

**** mate how can I help?

————————————————————

Sent: 26 September 2011 14:50
    Subject: Sad New!!!!!!!AndrewMcArthur

I’m writing this with tears in my eyes,my family and I came down here
    to Spain for a short vacation unfortunately we were mugged at the park
    of the hotel where we stayed,all cash,credit card and cell were stolen
    off us but luckily for us we still have our passports with us.

We’ve been to the embassy and the Police here but they’re not helping
    issues at all and our flight leaves in less than hours from now but
    we’re having problems settling the hotel bills and the hotel manager
    won’t let us leave until we settle the bills,i’m freaked out at the
    moment.

Andrew.”

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Sounds like a scam to me….!

WCA off here had his email account hacked and lots of us got a similar email……

hels
    Free Member

Are you not meant to ask them to send a picture with a colander on their head ?

Drac

Congrats they now have your email and are aware it’s active stand by for spammage.

camo16
    Free Member

I’m guessing you don’t actually know this dude and that “**** mate how can I help?” is stringing along a scammer?

Given ^^^^ a new email acc might be in order.

nbt

It’s a scam.

Leku
    Free Member

ask him to ring you…

Cougar

It’s a scam.

No! Really? You reckon? 😯

crankboy
    Free Member

I’d sort of guessed it’s a scam both his emails came up as such on a quick google search .

He’s got boring very quickly but i am busy inventing an entire life for Jill and my ex wife jane and Sam my son can’t decide about little lisa yet .

bruneep

Ask him to ring you……

kilo

ADDRESS: Paseo de la Castellana 2 28046 Madrid

What’s the problem he’s got a proper address in Madrid, must be legit; Hard Rock Cafe Madrid Paseo de la Castellana 2 28046 Madrid, Spain

toys19
    Free Member

I almost got exactly the same email from my friend whose hotmail was hacked. Well done for spotting it.

The issue is that this will have gone to his/her entire address book, so you should let the others know. Also let the email owner (whose name I presume you have changed in this?) as they will have to get their email unhacked.

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

Spelt ‘favor’ wrong.

Punctuation’s all over the shop.

No mention of anyone else’s name – ‘so I can get a cab to the airport’.

I say scam.

enfht
    Free Member

Well known scam

Don’t feel bad, I know someone who bought a bag of potatoes off an Irish chap in a car park fir £200 😀

warton
    Free Member

If you’re going to string along a scammer the first rule is to use a email account specifically for that. if you’re replying sing your ‘main’ email account you will regret it.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘bored at work and then this ….’ is closed to new replies.