Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Book: 'Mountain Biking Britain' – any good?
  • poppa
    Free Member

Anyone have any experience of this book? I live near the South coast, and whilst there are a lot of bridleways to ride around here, technical terrain is not very commonplace. I was hoping that something like this might point me in the right direction…

Book url (I think it's new):

http://www.borders.co.uk/book/mountain-biking-britain/1216642/

thepodge
    Free Member

have a look on amazon. you can see inside the book on their site. might help you choose

MrAgreeable

I got sent a copy after contributing one of the photos, and a few proofreading errors aside, it's really nicely put together and written in a simple informative style. I don't know exactly what the coverage of the South Coast is like, but it's got a bit of a DH slant to it, so if you're looking for somewhere more challenging to ride it might be useful.

porterclough
    Free Member

Amazon link lets you see contents pages etc.

poppa
    Free Member

Thanks guys, contents were useful but a map would be even better! It sounds like one of the more useful guides available. Many others seem to be more recreational/leisurely type riding.

vinnyeh

I bought this and the vertebrate guides trail centre book at the same time. The footprint one is a lot more comprehensive- has lots of little wee local spots- jumps, bmx tracks etc and for once I ahve to recommend something as being better than it's vertebrate equivalent. And it's cheaper on Amazon.
    did find the directions to both Stainburn and Gisburn were a little muddled though. I'd recommend it as being a must have in anybody's car.

~It's got a fairly good locations map in it as well.

joolsburger
    Free Member

Got one for my b'day its ok but not that detailed.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Book: 'Mountain Biking Britain' – any good?’ is closed to new replies.