Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Bonus from my employer
  • Denno17
    Free Member

What a present we all had when we got in to work this morning. In to the meeting room and here you go guys heres your 30 days notice…… Out of the blue we are busy as hell and they drop that one on us…… Cheers 😯

mboy
    Free Member

Tough Blow mate, I had the same recently too!

At least you'll be getting paid over the christmas break though still…

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Piss on his turkey!!

bigbloke
    Free Member

Set fire to him….then piss on him

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Commiserations.

You're lucky though – i got 1hrs notice to get my stuff out of the building otherwise it would be deemed property of the receivers.

Was my birthday as well… 🙄

awh
    Free Member

we are busy as hell

If the business is there, could it be time to set up something new? Thinking positively and all that…

grantway
    Free Member

Very sorry to hear But some truth in what awh says mate.

Get a client list and suppliers too.
    Dont give the boss money for anything
    would be cheaper to let the business
    go under and then buy it from the recievers.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Set fire to him….then piss on him

no piss on him then set fire to him

bigbloke
    Free Member

Set fire to him then piss on him to give him hope then torch him good and proper……nice.

nickegg
    Free Member

I'm sorry to hear that…

12 months ago i was made redundant from a job i had worked hard to get and i was devastated. So xmas with no job, spent the payout on rent, food etc and had a wedding to look forward to which i couldn't afford to pay for (but In-laws could!).

But a year on and i'm 4 months into a new job, have been given a big pay rise and have been singled out to work with our operations manager as a 2 man team introducing Solidworks 3D software into the company 😀

So things will get better even though it doesn't seem like it right now.

Don't waste too much energy on hating your employer….trust me it's a waste of time/energy/etc. Life is too short.

Suggsey
    Free Member

Bad timing but as others have pointed out dont waste your energy on hating your old company, get what you can from it now and look to the future and some quiet midweek trails in between jobs.

nickegg
    Free Member

I should have pointed out the one upside…..bike riding time massively increases!

I rode soooooo much during my jobless time, i also cut a nice new bit of singletrack near me (well, deer has trampled a great path, i just cleared it abit)and had loads of fun riding that although i've hardly ridden it since 😥

bigsi
    Free Member

Hope it works out for you Deano. At least it sounds like the industry your in is busy.

Denno17
    Free Member

If the business is there, could it be time to set up something new? Thinking positively and all that…

Problem i have is that the company i work for contracts to another company which is part of the steel industry. Even though the steel industry is struggling i happen to work in the right side of the steel sector which is construction. I am now sitting down to update my cv as at the moment the boss can not commit to anything at the moment as they are trying to have discussions to sabe jobs…

mrmo
    Free Member

denno17 where are you based, and who do you work for, i am getting made redundant in February because the company i work for is relocating to Shotton, Deeside. There are some jobs about, most i think are gone but..

davey_clayton
    Free Member

If you're anywhere near Sherburn in Elmet, my girlfriend's brother used to work for a fabricators there who do a fair bit of stainless construction stuff, called Fusion Engineering Services Ltd. I think a few people had left recently so they might be worth contacting if that's your thing.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Here's you 30 days notice? No notice of warning jobs were at risk or other procedures? Not sure people can do that anymore…

Denno17
    Free Member

mrmo i'm based in south wales, company are based in Cardiff

mastiles_fanylion they are calling it cost cutting (and moving some of the sales to british customer to thier other mill in Spain)

mrmo
    Free Member

depending on your skills and what you want to do there are Jobs in Corus South Wales, shockingly enough, Llanwern and Port Talbot have been advertising for a lot of jobs recently. I haven't seen anything for CEP, Catnic or Orb. If you know the construction industry Catnic is the best bet.

Other options could be Euroclad, but i suspect they are not in wonderful shape due to the market.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Does it matter what they call it? If they are making redundancies they still have to follow set processes surely?

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Bonus from my employer’ is closed to new replies.