Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Bontrager Tubeless Wheels
  • thekingisdead
    Free Member

Buying a Trek with Bonty Wheels. Do they come already set up as tubeless (they're listed as "tubeless ready") or do i need to get the valves and slime etc?

Thanks,

robarnold
    Free Member

You will need to purchase the tubeless rim strip and valve seperately, available from your local Trek dealer, about four quid a wheel if I remember correctly. Bonty tyres are tubeless ready, but you'd be an idiot not to run them with sealant, also sold seperately. Stan's or justridingalong wheel milk seem to be the best stuff

totoro
    Free Member

Yeah, I think you only get the tubeless bits if you buy the wheels separately. I'd be tempted to use the Stan's yellow tape rather than the Bonty rim strip to seal the spoke holes. On one occasion mine slipped sideways and stopped the bead seating properly – blew off on a ride a few days later.

Tracker1972
    Free Member

Used the Bonty rimstrip and it made it ridiculously easy to inflate and seat the tyres. The strips are pretty stiff but keeping them in the house and warm for a bit meant they went on easily enough.

sniff
    Free Member

Get a front and a rear strip….

http://www.evanscycles.com/products/bontrager/tubeless-rim-strips-front-ec008114?query=Bontrager%20rim%20strips

Couple of valves

http://www.evanscycles.com/products/bontrager/tubeless-valve-ec008113?query=Bontrager%20valve

and some sealant (I found the Bontrager one rubbish) currently using Specialized stuff with no issues

top tip: you might need to fit the tyre onto a normal wheel and pump up hard overnight – this will stretch the bead just enough – only really needed if the tyres have been lying about for a while.

thekingisdead
    Free Member

Cheers everyone. Great help.

thekingisdead
    Free Member

do UST tyres work with Bonty tubeless wheelsets?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Bontrager Tubeless Wheels’ is closed to new replies.