Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Boiler vibrating even when off?
  • shreck
    Free Member

The boiler has started making a vibrating noise,I’ve even turned it off at the mains and it’s still making a vibrating noise,does anyone have any ideas what it could be plz?

wrightyson
    Free Member

The flue kit with wind being blown in it from outside???

spooky_b329

Run?!

shreck
    Free Member

Don’t think it’s that sounds like its the pipes and it’s intermittent ?

althepal

Can’t understAnd why it’s doing it with the boiler hot..
    Is the water coming out the hot taps boiling hot?? We had tons of probs with our old Vokera..
    Rattling noises, cutting out constantly. BG out about 10 times till someone realised the thermostat was gubbed..
    Been going fine since.

shreck
    Free Member

I’ve turned all the power off to the boiler and it still making a noise,seems to be louder in the bathroom the boiler is in the bedroom.

jeff

Dodgy pump perhaps? Have you turned power off to the pump as well as the boiler?

shreck
    Free Member

Turned the boiler off at the mains switch so there’s no power going to it at all.

shreck
    Free Member

Turned the boiler off at the mains switch so there’s no power going to it at all.

althepal

Sorry. Meant making noises when off..

BigJohn

I have a dodgy valve which sends a signal to the pump sometimes. This means the pump circulates even when everything else is off. Not a real problem but you might have a similar issue.

scruff
    Free Member

Is the varnish dry yet ?

shreck
    Free Member

Varnish?

stumpy01

Doesn’t the pump continue to run, even when the boiler is off, if the temperature is over a certain amount. I know that while the heating is on with our system, the boiler will fire, then go out, but the pump still sends the water round the system.
    Could be that you have a poorly pump (in the airing cupboard usually) that is causing the vibrations….

shreck
    Free Member

Would a pump run even with no power at all to the boiler,what would be powering the pump?

stumpy01

I am not sure whether the pump gets it’s power from the boiler or not; I suspect not.

Easy way to check if the pump is your problem would be to stick your hand on the pump while the boiler is ‘off’, but vibrating. You can normally feel it pumping.
    Your pump might have a variable speed control on the side, normally a 3-speed knob that you can twiddle.
    If you increase or decrease the speed of the pump & notice a change in the vibration of the boiler, then this might also help to pinpoint the problem.

wrightyson
    Free Member

The pump is not magic! It will not run if the power is turned off!

jon1973
    Free Member

The pump is not magic! It will not run if the power is turned off!

Mine is mouse driven.

sugdenr
    Free Member

Have you tried just sitting on it, like you do with an over excited washing machine?

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Boiler vibrating even when off?’ is closed to new replies.