Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Bodyboarders here
  • michaelmcc
    Free Member

What’s your local spot?

What’s your favourite wave you’ve ever ridden?

scruff
    Free Member

When do you think you’ll advance to something worthwhile ? 😛

michaelmcc
    Free Member

???????????????????????????????????????????????????????

I love bodyboarding.

michaelmcc
    Free Member

If it makes you happy it’s worth while.

Crell
    Free Member

…can’t see Q1 getting answered too specifically, and no, I’ve not ridden this 🙂

[video]http://youtu.be/pKaoFbleaxQ?t=3m34s[/video]

broken link…
    Teahupoo

I do love it though, and will hopefully be doing one of the Rob Barber weekends this winter.

nmdbase
    Free Member

Awaits more comments like scruff, typical stand up. Shame that you can’t be individual and want to follow the fashion like a sheep and probably don’t even live near the sea.

headfirst
    Free Member

Hanalei bay, Kauai was my favourite spot when I were a lad. Don’t get there so often these days, what with living in Huddersfield. 😐

Great video on mpora of bodyboarding yesterday, Relentless Short Stories

here it is:

http://video.mpora.com/watch/JVHG3tLb2/

gregsticle
    Free Member

I had the luck of riding both G-Land and Padang Padang in Bali in ’93 when I was 19 on a lads surfing/BB trip.

Still can’t beat Piha and KareKare on the West coast of NZ or some of the East coast beaches like Te Arhi Point, Mangawhai and Sandy Bay imo.

Ming the Merciless
    Free Member

Won’t say where my local spot is but needs a howling SW onshore to work, ground swell is very rare and you have to brave the 4-7ft shore dump onto flint cobbles to get in our out. So it’s pretty much desperation surf but if it’s all you’ve got………….

Best sponging I’ve ever done was at Crackington Haven; me, two other humans and a couple of real locals(seals) in 8-10ft sets. Was more like a survival lesson on occasions and proved that a really bad cold, a can of monster along with cold&flu tablets are not a good mix.

gavtheoldskater
    Free Member

ditch the foam, ride wood, faster and more engaged…

http://www.traditionalsurfing.co.uk

and to answer michaelmcc question…

http://blog.traditionalsurfing.co.uk/blog/?p=92

michaelmcc
    Free Member

My local spot used to be Gower, haven’t been there for a while since i left uni in wales. There was loads of different waves there..

Best wave I’ve been on is “inside left” on the reefs outside Bundoran out west of Ireland. When your riding it when the tides out you can see the sea-weed coming up the the water and its only a few inches deep under your board!

wonnyj
    Free Member

I did some stand up body board this morning at Llangennith on Gower. more lying down than standing up if i’m truthful

transapp
    Free Member

Best beach in the entire world – Gwithian, Cornwall. Better to windsurf I’ll admit, but still had some brilliant day there (And I’ve sleapt in the car park for a week without a single please move along!)

Although possibly the best performance from myself was outside the Oberoi in Bali, useing a shagged hotel special (it at leat did have a pvc bottom to it), no fins and a pair of board shorts on a surpisingly powerful beach break. Really good fun and then cool beer put in my hand as I stepped out the sea. Bloody lovely.

grantway
    Free Member

wood cool video clips I thought body boarding was just a gimmick

jam-bo

wooo, speed bumps.

Creg

My local spot is a secret spot so can’t give anything away.

Favorite spots are all local, heavy reefs or shorey beach breaks.

michaelmcc
    Free Member

My local spot is a secret spot so can’t give anything away.

Ya rat bastard 🙂 😉 .

pjt201
    Free Member

Crell – Member

broken link…
    Teahupoo

That looks like a really small day a teahupoo

Creg

Really enjoyed watching the Zicatela Pro on the webcast, some epic conditions and great riding

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3SIC39fReQ[/video]

Pauly

Lived close to Burleigh Heads on the Goldie in Oz for a year and spent almost all my time body boarding, was there for Cyclone Sose in 2001. Best surf for 25 years apparently. Was amazing to watch from Point Danger.
    Some great sessions out there, but loved the North West of Ireland when I lived in Belfast.
    South East of England now so Brighton would be the local spot I suppose.

martinxyz
    Free Member

Havent been for over a year.I like melvich when its near perfect.Never forget it when i was the only one in with something like 16ft / 14 secs.seemed to be giving around 4-5ft waves of perfection just peeling off from the river.It was super clear too.You could see the sand all around you and anything else that lurked ;O)

Been in there in silly conditions too though.Soon got out and called it a day.If i had the skill and confidence (which i`ll never have) i would love to tackle brims ness near thurso but ive seen how shallow it can be further out depending on the tide.Once saw rocks sticking out of the water about 100ft and with waves that appear out of nowhere on a good day, its just asking for death!

Sponging-Machine
    Free Member

Local: Croyde (although I spend far more time longboarding at Saunton)
    Favourite: Nameless beach in South Africa. Super hollow and super sharky.

martinxyz
    Free Member

Brims Ness Highland Open 2008. I recon this was the biggest set of the day.It just pops up out of nowhere.

brims at its biggest of the day by martinxyz, on Flickr

Moments later its nearly flat calm.NUTS!

nmdbase
    Free Member
Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘Bodyboarders here’ is closed to new replies.