Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Blur – The band
  • hora
    Free Member

Does anyone else not 'get' Blur? To me, thinking back to when they first had Parklife etc- I thought they were 'ok' but nothing special.

Why do they keep enduring? Its on the edge of bland- its 'ok' but very grey to me.

Anyone else think how do they continue going"?!!!

squin
    Free Member

Kind of agree, but have to say that tracks like "Badhead" "To The End" "This Is a Low" all from Parklife are some of the best tunes ever, so I can forgive them for all the other stuff that doesn't do it for me.

nickc

Personally a big fan, so yeah I do "get" the music. squin's touched on it, some of their stuff is just lush (I use the word advisedly) Sing, No distance left to run, this is a low (especially live) are defining songs for me. So i'll forgive them the odd Country House moment

But it would be dull if we all liked the same things, no?

DezB
    Free Member

Have they reformed then?

Great live band btw.

Ringo
    Free Member

They were good at Glastonbury last year. I remember when girls and boys came out it was a big tune in the Indy clubs

diggers
    Free Member

always thought britpop was complete gash in general. bass player also has one of those smug faces you'd never tire of smacking.

VanHalen

lol at diggers. i totally agree

they werent great at hyde park. the only songs anyone in the audience knew were the radio songs otherwise it was a load of confused middle aged ex indie kids.

someone had a go at me for standing on their bag. i pointed out to them they were 25yards from the front of a crowd of 25000 people at an indie gig and they might be a bit optimistic to think that they could retain a space for their rucksac and picnic blanket. then song 2 came on and everyone went mental. i was 'relocated' by the crowd so didnt get to see if the bag and blanket survived.

algarvebairn
    Free Member

Coffee & TV is a great song.

iDave
    Free Member

i prefer graham coxon's solo stuff

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Blur – The band’ is closed to new replies.