• This topic has 36 replies, 27 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by Drac.
Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • Bloody Mother Day
  • wrightyson
    Free Member

Look at it, just look at it out there. It's a beautiful day again! How many others are missing a ride out today cos your on duty?

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

Not me – heading out for the club ride in an hour.

GeeWavetree
    Free Member

me 🙂
    Happy about it as its with my missus and our 6 month old 🙂

valleydaddy
    Free Member

me 😥

had to squeeze a ride in on Friday as this weekend was given over to family stuff to build up brownie points. Saving them for 4 days in N.Wales at end of month, I just hope the weather is half as good then.

Today it will be awesome were ever you go for sure, most trails dried out too nice.

Clink

Don't it's killing me 😥

nuke

I will be off with my family to a National Trust property to fight for a car parking spot and a seat in the cafe…goody-gumdrops 😐

valleydaddy
    Free Member

good heads up though, reminded me to get cards out of car – present is a lie in and me not off on my bike early doors 😉

lagerfanny
    Free Member

**** typical innit, sunny morning & can't go out for a ride. She grumbled something last night about priority etc.
    Got six long shifts to do before next Sunday when i can go ride again 😥

Junkyard
    Free Member

Yes really tough this one saying thanks to your Mum for all she has done for you or riding again 🙄
    Happy Mothers Day Mum Thanks for everything Love you …see it is not hard try expressing your feeelings see if it helps – me 6 hours in a car today just to see her for an hour or two.
    One day your Mum will not be here and the trails still will get some perspective go see your family FFS.

M6TTF
    Free Member

clintons day! shouldnt have to be told when to tell your mum you love her!

uplink
    Free Member

@wrightyson

It may sound clichéd but take every opportunity to spend time with your mum – it makes them feel appreciated

I wish I had

[OEGGVjWF]
    Free Member

Maybe some of the above don't actually like their mothers?
    I'll take Junkyard up on his expression of feelings thing.
    Thanks for giving birth to me Mum.
    Not much else I can say thanks for.
    No, that's it. I'm not aware you actually did anything else for me.
    Oh, I just remembered, you won't see this. you died few years ago.
    I won't say thanks for that. That would be unkind of me.
    Sanctimonious tw-….nah, I'm going for a run in the woods.
    Expressing my feelings didn't help at all.

StuMcGroo
    Free Member

i'm with m6ttf, load of consumer bollocks, don't get sucked in by it!

bruneep

load of consumer bollocks, don't get sucked in by it!

+1

Candodavid
    Free Member

I'm looking after the boy due to Mrs C in Hospital, no ride but plenty of chores instead

juiced
    Free Member

i'm off out soon. seeing mum later.she's cool with that.

uplink
    Free Member

indeed it is – but that's not the point
    Most mums [IME] love to be taken out for a meal/flowers/card etc. on Mother's day
    They like to be treated special by their off-spring today

If it means bowing to the Hallmark cards way of thinking – so what?

lagerfanny
    Free Member

'she' as in my missus not MY mum, she's long croaked it!

vinnyeh

Mine's 12000 miles away, and expects Mothers Day in May. Like most countries do. Why is this one different?

God forbid. Not like we get sucked in by shiny expensive bikes, exotic hifi, overpriced watches etc 🙄

Lifer
    Free Member

My Mum thinks it's stupid.

bruneep

well do it next week when every thing will be half the price. just a rip off IMHO

pedalhead
    Free Member

Yup, stuck here with my two (admittedly lovely) little girls. Wife has just left for a day at the spa. Looking out the window, I think a walk by the river is in order today. No bikes, but at least we can still get out & enjoy the weather.

uplink
    Free Member

well do it next week when every thing will be half the price. just a rip off IMHO

I suggested a very similar thing to the kids a few years back
    "why don't we save our money & have Christmas in the 2nd week in January?"

The cost of a card & cooking your mum a meal will hardly break most people's bank – if you're feeling flush, take her out

bruneep

I'll take my ma out when I want to and it will more than the suggested once a year consumer tosh.

MrOvershoot

Thankfully my mother thinks its a load of commercial shite too, so told me never to do any stupid mothers day things. I love my mum 😀

Dan67
    Free Member

Yep Im not able to go out this morning. I gave a trip to thetford a knock on the head and decided to try to get out o the raod but mum's put a stop to that like 🙁

wrightyson
    Free Member

Junkyard
    I was merely a having the crack, so you wanna slow down with your gobbing off, my mum is very special to me as I'm sure most peoples is. Not just that, my two children were acting like it was Christmas morning as we just made breakfast and gathered presents together for her breakfast in bed!
    Lighten up son! Everyone else seemed to get the gist!

flippinheckler
    Free Member

Me 😥 Missing a great off piste ride today, oh well keep friday free instead and may get a pass for next Sunday. Still keeps erindoors happy!

Drac

Although I do think it's a bit pointless I've never seen prices double just for today.

Got the wife a card and chocs from the kids and that's it. I'm considering getting the bike out the garage and riding along the coast. I'll be the first time in months I've been out if I do. Not sure why some of you are not just doing things as normal.

nicolaisam
    Free Member

Will be out for a ride later.Popping around to see my mum at midday,hopefully by then i will get rid of this hangover 😡

Dancake
    Free Member

Got the Wife a Card my 2 year old son and I made. She was absolutely chuffed. Just put the boy to bed so She can now continue her Mammoth lie -in until 13.00 where she will be delivered something awful from KFC 🙂

Luckily, I also have dog Duties so its up to the Woods for me with bike and Spaniels for a few hours!

For the record, the weather is LUSH here in Gloucester and Haresfield/ Standish has a new bit of trail built. Woohoo

Junkyard
    Free Member

wrightyson that is not gobbing off[your post is probably closer to this] and I did not name you in my post as it was just a general comment rather than at you….given your level of agitation/annoyance it might be best to follow your own advice and lighten up?

mamadirt
    Free Member

Just got back from a cracking local ride after breakfast in bed and now tucking into chocolates from my lads and cooking lunch for my Mum and the rest of the family.

Riding past the local cemetery at first I wondered why there were so many cars . . . I'm not a terrifically religious person but I did say a quick one to thank God for my Mum and my family. Happy Mother's Day XX

shortcut

More to the point. Google March14th and enjoy the rewards!

IanMunro
    Free Member

LOL!

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

Back from Ashton court – super dry fast trails in lovely sunshine 😀

Drac

Well I think from now on I'll be adapting that day, cheers Shortcut.

Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)

The topic ‘Bloody Mother Day’ is closed to new replies.