Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)
  • Blocked drains
  • martinm116
    Free Member

Quick update. I did get my hand down the drain, as everyone suggested, thanks for that one 🙂 Only got out the stuff at the bottom of the drain as the angle at the bottom meant that you couldn’t really get your hand down there. Used some big massive drain coil or what ever you call it and couldn’t clear it, so had to call someone out.

Managed to get it done this morning for £75 all in. Took him about 2 hours to clear it, unhelpful neighbours contributed to this time by refusing the guy access to their back gardens or not being in. We have a shared manhole cover about 5 houses down but the guy couldn’t determine the direction of the water as he couldn’t get access. (so at least the previous owners hadn’t covered ours up).

He said that he was 100% sure that the blockage wasn’t ours as it took him 25 metres of hose to clear it. Joy. so I’ve just paid to clear someone else’s crap.

wwaswas

I’ve just paid to clear someone else’s crap.

and had your arm swilling around in it. I hope you used a good anti-bac hand wash afterwards!

putneyplumbing
    Free Member

I personally suggest that calling plumber is good because they have enough experience to solve blocked drains issue.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Well obviously not you if it takes you 11 months to respond.

davidjey
    Free Member

lol at spam thread resurrection.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

If he is still living with blocked drains after 11 months I reckon he has more pressing issues than a bit of overflowing 🙂

ChrisHeath

Doh, just seen it’s a resurected thread!

😀

bigyinn
    Free Member

putneyplumbing – Member

I personally suggest that calling plumber is good because they have enough experience to solve blocked drains issue.
    Didn’t realise Putney was local to Wigan, YOU MUPPET!

Cougar

Putney, Australia.

jam-bo

houses built before a certain date, its the water boards responsibility wherever the drain is.

ours (1890ish) block up every six months or so and I have the same argument every time i call them up to come and clear it.

Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)

The topic ‘Blocked drains’ is closed to new replies.