Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 45 total)
  • Blind dates
  • Conor
    Free Member

Are fun, right?!

Long story cut short… my mate's cousin (that I don't really know) is keen for me to meet her best mate. First, she suggested we all meet out for dinner some time… her and her husband, my mate, his wife, then us two. That sounded like a nightmare to me so I've been able to get the girl in question's phone number. Plus it would have been at least couple weeks before said dinner.

So phoning a girl you know virtually nothing about (apart from age and general interests, which are similar to mine, hence the match up) and asking her out… how would the STW massif go about this?!

RealMan
    Free Member

Find out where she lives, then go through her bins.

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Photos of her first

lyons
    Free Member

Good luck, just ask her out … It's obvious that is why your contacting her…

Trimix
    Free Member

Well if its a blind date one of us could go on it for you – since she wont know what you look like. We can then test ride her for you and let you know if she is the geared type or a single speed type.

MSP

Steal her underwear of her line, and make sure it fits you first.

Sui
    Free Member

Phone her up, say hello, ask her out for a drink/lunch etc. MEet for drink lunch etc, have a snog, shag and a breakfast in bed with a good noshing.. skip work the follwoing two days and shag some more.. get serious, get preggars, get house life over…

wombat

You should double check that she really is blind, saves any embarrasment later when you ask her where her labrador is 😉

Sui
    Free Member

but seriously just phone her up and ask her out – she'll appreciate the inititive and balls in the first place!!

Sui
    Free Member

LOL @ TRIMEX – better option!

wombat

Sui – Member
    but seriously just phone her up and ask her out – she'll appreciate the inititive and balls in the first place!!

+1

Also, if you get your balls appreciated on a first date it can't be all bad………

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Phone her up, say hello, ask her out for a drink/lunch etc. MEet for drink lunch etc, have a snog, shag and a breakfast in bed with a good noshing.. skip work the follwoing two days and shag some more..

Sounds like my last blind date!

IME they either go very well or disasterously.

mtb_rossi
    Free Member

Also… wash your nob!

Good luck!

obirobkeno
    Free Member

Be man! Call her and ask her… I'd put money down that she knows you've got her number and she's just waiting on you to call…

Good luck!

rOcKeTdOg

She's probably desperate too 😉

mtb_rossi
    Free Member

You have at least one thing in common, the situation you are both in. 🙂 A talking point at least.

Conor
    Free Member

Yep RD, bound to be desperate. Or my mate's cousin just likes to pretend she's a dating service for her mates.

I'll call her tonight and let you guys know how it goes 😉

Bunnyhop

Oooh how exciting.

Mounty_73

Call her and do your best impression of 'Darth Vadar' down the phone ?

molgrips
    Free Member

"So, this blind date thing…"

"By the way, do you mind if I film the evening for the titillation of my bike forum brethren?"

steve-g
    Free Member

If the "similar interests" she has are STW then she will understand

Hairychested
    Free Member

Well if its a blind date one of us could go on it for you – since she wont know what you look like. We can then test ride her for you and let you know if she is the geared type or a single speed type.

Cracker!

tiger_roach
    Free Member

Have you looked for her FB profile?

farmer-giles
    Free Member

what bike do you ride?

if you ride a kona you should already be knee deep in klunge and have no need for blind dates!

kona riders get it more. FACT

Admiralable
    Free Member

what bike do you ride?

if you ride a kona you should already be knee deep in klunge and have no need for blind dates!

kona riders get it more. FACT

Thats true. Now I have Scotts and Giants I get in once a year 🙁 If I'm lucky.
    But the fact I have a nice Carbon Scale and spark and a nice giant I don't care.

U31
    Free Member

Not as much as Orange / Inbred owners get it!

At least in this household!

eth3er
    Free Member

This is due an update.

Conor
    Free Member

Nothing exciting yet… didn't call her. Just texting. Seems really nice. Will be asking out soon enough 🙂

rs
    Free Member

what was the text? R U UP 4 IT? 😆

iDave
    Free Member

seems really nice from texts? how does that work?

'ur nice u r'

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Just texting

U UP 4 PEGGING?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

HI. IM CONOR, UR CUZS M8. SHE SED UD BE UP FOR A D8 SUMTYM. MEET U @ Y8S 2MORO @ 8PM. CYA CNR XX

Edit: that actually took me longer than if I'd written it in English. Reading it back, it's like being asked out by Mark Datz

iDave
    Free Member

where's Mark Datz when you need him?

sofatester
    Free Member

where's Mark Datz when you need him?

Texting Conor?

edhornby

don't text too much or the vibe will be lost, get in there and phone

text her to say 'I'm gonna phone you' then do it

go straight for the kill and ask her out – be a man and make the first moves, she'll love it

donsimon
    Free Member

(apart from age and general interests, which are similar to mine, hence the match up)

So, you're 100% positive, that there is absolutely no chance that she might be reading this????!!!!

grahamt1980

don simon – Member

(apart from age and general interests, which are similar to mine, hence the match up)

So, you're 100% positive, that there is absolutely no chance that she might be reading this????!!!!

That would be awesome, wonder if conor is going to say something that might land him in it.
    Also asking are your back doors ready may not be advisable

Bunnyhop

Conor – listen to what edhornby says. it's good advice.

Waves to Ed – I was camping next to you at Hit the North.

Daniel
    Free Member

Ring her. She'll know why you're ringing, ask her out for a drink.

That's what I did. We ended up getting married.

RealMan
    Free Member

Ring her, then hang up the moment she answers. Repeat every half hour for a few weeks.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 45 total)

The topic ‘Blind dates’ is closed to new replies.