Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 40 total)
  • Blair The return – say it aint so!
  • rosscore
    Free Member

Forgive me if this has been covered elsewhere I heard it on the radio this morning and since then I’ve been up to my ears in reconciling accounts for the year end, so right off the radar. I checked the Corbyn and the Eu thread, but no mention there, so what do we know?

Is it true?

Personally I’d rather see him in the Hague, in the dock, but it’s a mad world this, could he return to politics?

Does he really think things are as bad as the damn right wing mejia paint the Labour party?

bearnecessities

“Eddie… Tony Blair is A MAN!!”

“She’s not, she’s not!”

“SHE IS, SHE IS!!”

scotroutes

It’s true – Blair is back

bearnecessities

Don’t fret, he’s not coming back.

Papers need to sell papers however 🙂

jekkyl

he hasn’t taken his seat up in the Lords yet.

bikebouy
    Free Member

But he has said he’s donating the vast amount of money earned from the “Tour” he’s been doing to “Good Causes”

Yeah..

Yeah right.

I’ll be dead before that happens.

rosscore
    Free Member

I didn’t exactly catch what was on the radio this morning, something about giving up his job in readiness for a possible return to politics,

Could it be a launch of a new ‘SDP gang of four style operation’ to suck in the PLP loose cannons?

It’s certainly never been a more interesting time in politics trying to 2nd guess an outcome and something to prevent the Torys effectively governing for the foreseeable future.

What about the boundary changes, hows that going on in Scotland?

Anyone know, it is a tad wrong having so many Scottish Mp’s for so relatively few votes.

footflaps

He’s going to concentrate on the Palestinian peace process full time…

…..by driving an Israeli tank over them all…

Stoner
    Free Member

The return of Blair makes a great deal of sense…to Blair.

SDP vacancy with the hard left skewing off into the distance. No charismatic opposition. Teflon your way out of icky questions on the middle east, and BOOM, Robert Maxwell is your relation, you’re back in the big house.

Owen had Blair’s number when he published this
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Hubris-Syndrome-Blair-Intoxication-Power/dp/0413777278

For many politicians, power seems to go to their head, and becomes a heady drug affecting every action they take. The Greeks called it hubris, where the hero wins glory, acclaim and success – but it is often followed by nemesis.

although there’s nothing about return matches…

jambalaya
    Free Member

Never coming back to the Commons. He was PM for 10 years, that Chapter is done and dusted.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Of those railing against him, I wonder how many cast a vote that got him back in to Number Ten.

Makes you think…

CountZero

Of those railing against him, I wonder how many cast a vote that got him back in to Number Ten.

I can promise you I never voted for the loathsome piece of shit.
    That grin of his has the same effect on me as clowns do on many people.
    Or spiders, or snakes…

aracer
    Free Member

Oh god, is that a jambafact?

sadexpunk

I can promise you I never voted for the loathsome piece of shit.
    That grin of his has the same effect on me as clowns do on many people.
    Or spiders, or snakes…

couldnt have worded it better myself.

rosscore
    Free Member

OK, so you’re the disgruntled right wing of the labour party, somehow having convinced yourself JC is never going to do it for you, You want a new party, you need a figurehead, who you gonna call?

Milliband (D)? More charisma in a banana.

Chuka? No bottle,

Who else is there that could do the whole charismatic front man thing they still think we all want but over 600 thousand folk have signed up for precisely because it’s not on offer.

cheekyboy
    Free Member

Makes you think…

Oi Skipper pack it in

p.s.
    mick Hucknall rigged the elections

chestercopperpot
    Free Member

Do you lot reckon an EU referendum would’ve happened if Blair had invoked transitional measures (all the others did if I remember right) when the 10 eastern block countries joined the EU in 2004?

Northwind

Even the delusional Blair doesn’t think he could return to UK politics. Wonder what we’re being distracted from?

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

I’d rather have Blair than May, at least the soundtrack to the 2020’s would be some kind of remixed “Sympathy for the Devil”.

Britain was cool under Blair, Oasis, MDMA and illegal wars. It was all very rock and roll.

The theme tune to another term of May would be Philip Glass, the stuffy Orweillian school teacher that she is.

I’ve always maintained that Blair is waiting for the comeback of the century, a few people in the Labour party share my suspicions…

13thfloormonk

Wonder what we’re being distracted from?

Hunt getting dragged over the coals in court for bullshitting the public re: Junior Doctors? Haven’t seen a word about it anywhere except the Private Eye…

kimbers

Now that Cameron is the most hated former PM, he’s decided the time is right….

Tbf with Tony’s levels of narcissism, it was inevitable that he’d believe he could come back a hero in politics

Murdoch won’t be needing him this time tho !.

milky1980
    Free Member

Countzero nailed it for me too.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Oh god, is that a jambafact?

Everything I post is my opinion. Today is Thursday.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

I have little time for the man – but in the context of the appalling state of global politics – would be quite amused to see it happen. I think the closet blairites still outnumber the Croydonistas and even if that is not the case it would be amusing to watch.

Chuka? No bottle,

Or a full closet? Who knows?

Nipper99
    Free Member

TBF I can still remember the day that Labour under Blair came to power in 1997 as a genuinely happy day and I think it has become just bit of a fashion to demonise him to the extent that occurs now – as he pointed out, he still won another election after Iraq.

chewkw
    Free Member

He will return as a £ millionaire so hasn’t he done well for himself.

Must be feeling very good to have those £ millions isn’t it.

zippykona

Now that May had become my most despised PM he obviously wants to reclaim his crown.

chewkw
    Free Member

zippykona – Member
    Now that May had become my most despised PM he obviously wants to reclaim his crown.

You are turning back on your own principle isn’t it?

You are going to side with someone that supports Bush administration and the Republican? Yes, Trump is a Republican.

An ex-PM people want to judge for “war crime”.

You are quick to turn.

ransos
    Free Member

TBF I can still remember the day that Labour under Blair came to power in 1997 as a genuinely happy day

Me too, which is why I felt so let down by what followed.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Read the reports in the Indy and on Sky today. It may well be he comes back to challenge the Corbynistas.

zippykona

Chewk what I’m saying is that May is more of a **** than Blair.Blair obviously wants to be more of a **** than May.
    Neither have or will have my support.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Having the perma-tanned one back is only slightly less surreal than the prospect of a front bench of Jezza, John, Dianne and what’s-her/his-name. It would be much more fun to watch too.

ctk
    Free Member

Is Cameron quitting now or at next G.E? Blair challenging for tgat seat would be amazebals.

lunge

He’s got a point about the centre ground. Whether he’s the man to exploit it is a different question but the centre is there to be had I reckon.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

And Theresa will need to be able to do splits to a degree that would defy her age to span the chasm between her front end in the centre and her ar$e end with the knuckle draggers

mickmcd
    Free Member

Reported

there seem to be two clown threads running

Northwind

Don’t be silly, you don’t really represent the centre- you just do what you want, claim to be centrist, and get all your mates to report it. There’s no point in actually being in the centre, it’s boring.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Since when has being in power been considered boring?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 40 total)

The topic ‘Blair The return – say it aint so!’ is closed to new replies.