Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Bladder Problems
  • jbig
    Free Member

I need a new bladder for my Camelbak.
    Their own bladders have clearly improved over the years, but are they the best option, or are there some aftermarket bladders that I should look at (cheaper, stronger, easier to wash etc.)

offthebrakes
    Free Member

I find the Deuter ones much easier to empty and clean as they open across the full width of the bladder. The supplied valve is a bit marmite, but you can always fit the old Camelbak valve.

fozzybear
    Free Member

the NEW new dakine one the sliding top bag version

will fit in a camel back
    here is a photo of the same bag but used for another purpose

fozzybear
    Free Member

here "the hydropak"

joemarshall
    Free Member

I'd recommend not buying a platypus – I've been on a couple of trips now where people have had platypus bladders either explode when fallen on, or just start leaking, whereas my 8 year old camelbak one is still okay.

Camelbak used to do lifetime guarantee for the bladders didn't they? If yours is broken it might be worth checking that out.

Joe

domino

Fozzybear – you have answered a question I have been meaning to post. I struggle to open my Camelback bladder (small, weak girlie hands) and a friend had told me about one with a sliding top. Can you tell me if you can remove the valve also to brush inside the tube?

cxi
    Free Member

Might be worth looking at Source Hydration:

http://www.outdoorsmagic.com/news/article/mps/uan/6222

shorts_in_winter
    Free Member

Washing bladders… na that weird black stuff adds to the taste, and probably keeps any germs at bay 🙂

cynic-al
    Free Member

Have source fixed the dreadful mouthpiece?

fozzybear
    Free Member

domino – yes you can just pull it off.. like a normal camelback, i find though as i clean the bag more as it's easier, plus less mess as the tube locks off at the bladder when you remove it, only fluid is stored in the tube, i normally blow air back into the bladder then pull the tube off..

so far it's the BEST bladder i have found. camelback ones are a bitch to clean 🙁

kiwijohn

You clean your Camelbak?
    (checks 7 year old bladder)
    Nope, spotless.

sslowpace
    Free Member

Rinse out your bladders after a ride and keep it in the freezer.
    Never had gunk.

solar
    Free Member

I have a deuter bladder which is far better than the camelback bladder it replaced. Clip slides off and on without and difficulty at all, easy to clean/refill. Although the bite valve tends to slip after taking a drink and then leaks unless I push it back afterwards. Camelback bite valve leaked much worse though.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Bladder Problems’ is closed to new replies.