Viewing 7 posts - 81 through 87 (of 87 total)
  • Black Pudding. Food heaven or food hell?
  • allfankledup

@nobeer – mostly local, from the village there are a few good places to try, the Fairlie moor road etc.
    Still being taught by proper locals 🙂

All rides are aimed at the old and slow 🙂

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Cool, gimme a shout if ye fancy a wee spin, been riding the moor for 10 years now.

kennyp
    Free Member

Once you’ve had Stornoway black pudding you’ll never eat another type. Yum.

jodafett

I’ve just got back from a restaurant where a lady on the table next to us complained to the waitress that her “Stornaway Black pudding scotch egg” was too strong a flavour. She then complained her Grouse Breast was too “gamey”. Some people are just paps!!!!

Philby

Love it – preferably a ring black pudding from Weegmans butchers in Otley when I’m back up North, gently simmered and accompanied by a long squirt of HP sauce – no need for any of these bread, apple or onion accompaniments.

mt
    Free Member

prefer my BP with a portion of black peas.

sprootlet
    Free Member

Try pork wellington….nom,nom,nom
    Stuff a pork fillet with black pudding, brown and leave to cool. Sweat the onion and mushrooms with more black pudding and leave to cool.
    Assembly is puff pastry rolled out into rectangle, parma ham laid on top then the mushroom mixture then pork fillet. Roll up and bake for about 30 mins till pastry is golden and the fillet cooked.
    My other half liked it as his birthday dinner anyway!

Viewing 7 posts - 81 through 87 (of 87 total)

The topic ‘Black Pudding. Food heaven or food hell?’ is closed to new replies.