Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)
  • Bivvy pooing etiquette – mag article question.
  • druidh
    Free Member

TJ – step away now.

He’s either deliberately winding you up or he’s a prat. Either way, you are wasting your time.

hilldodger
    Free Member

TandemJeremy – Member

the code defines what is responsible. you don’t think you need to obey the code and indeed refuse to so so. So you are irresponsible in your behaviour in the countryside. Nice.

How do you know my level of responsibilty ?

I don’t follow the Scottish mountain code as it an area I will never visit, I follow the ‘common sense code’ where a small amount of human excrement deposited in an area of undergrowth has no possibility of causing any inconvenience or health risk.

I realise that you enjoy provocative posts to try an elicit an angry response, and yes, it has worked with me before.
    But I have moved on (unlike your good self), I’m sure if I wished I could find several posts by you stating how ‘you are going to ignore me from now on’ so why not be a man of your word rather than your usual judgmental self…….

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

You are right Druidh.

seosamh77
    Free Member

My own personal code of conduct is make sure i’m well emptied before i go anywhere and if i need to hold it in till I find the nearest pub, taking a shit outside is crap! pardon the pun!

Dave
    Free Member

think, in part, she was surprised that an article would go to the lengths of telling you whether to use the plastic or Ti version of a particular eating implement but ignore the whole ‘bodily functions’ area of camping out.

That was going to be in article number two ;o)

HeatherBash
    Free Member

And all you perennial Gorms / Carn Ban Mor responders (yeah you know who you are) need to start linking to this:

http://www.cairngormmountain.org/sites/default/files/Snow%20White%20Project.pdf

😉

cynic-al
    Free Member

Hmmm…I’ may be going bivvying at the weekend. I am also in the middle of a large stand-off with my boss.

Can you see a link between the 2?

Zulu-Eleven
    Free Member

if you do choose to pack it out – some cautionary lessons

i) when tying the bag, leave as little “airspace” as possible, as otherwise you end up with a mutant, inflated, toxic black pudding in your backpack
    ii) be careful when getting stuff out of your bag, since its surprisingly easy to put your finger through the bag, you only make that mistake once! 🙁

sweepy
    Free Member

It is context dependant I spose, I do take the trouble to bury, not least because I do go back to some areas and the poor mug finding it may be me.
    There are some places that are just like an open sewer tho and the paper is the worst of it. The stick and flick wont deal with that. With more and more people enjoying the country we do have to up our game a bit.

sweepy
    Free Member

I tell you what tho, Id rather crap outside than in the long drop things we had to use in NZ, they’ve put one on the Spey at Knockando and its minging. And as for the chemical ones 🙁

Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)

The topic ‘Bivvy pooing etiquette – mag article question.’ is closed to new replies.