Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Bivi bag
  • roughneck
    Free Member

Can any one recommend a good but cheap bivi bag

squattingmouse
    Free Member

Army surplus one? Mine was 20 quid and in good nick.

rob1984p
    Free Member

alpkit have some substandard ones that they were knocking out at mm for £10

thefallguy
    Free Member

Got the alpkit hunka, can't belive how small it folds up especially compared to army surplus ones, it is a fair bit tighter though.

Special_ized_Jamie

Alpkit Hunka every time!

montylikesbeer

alpkit for me, lugged some kit over the hills in scotland a few weeks ago, its light, well made and just well……………alpkity

billyboulders
    Free Member

Another vote for the Hunka. Alpkit are great people to deal with too. Had a problem with one of their mats, e-mailed them a picture and a new one came the next day.

roughneck
    Free Member

Any links.

AlasdairMc

http://www.alpkit.com – surely that wasn't that difficult to work out??

roughneck
    Free Member

any good sleeping bags to go with the bivi.

roughneck
    Free Member

yer found it, I'm just lazy

iht4
    Free Member

My finger is opised over the button as well, but ………..

What about the sizing? I am a short arse, but have fairly large shoulders ( 46" chest) would I need the XL or would the standard hunka be ok? It would not be for use with a huge down bag just a standard sleeping bag.

cheers

thefallguy
    Free Member

I'm 6'3" & 46" chest, with standard hunka and a snugpak lightweight bag I still had enough room to move around.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

They have no XL ones in stock, so that kinda narrows down yer choices at the minute..

aphex_2k
    Free Member

Does it need to be an uber light weight one? I mean, you didn't say if it was for sticking in a back pack for a ride out.

Goretext army surplus. Bombproof (not literally). Used one for yonks, for camping though, not bivi-riding.

momentum
    Free Member

Another good choise is the Rab survival zone. Similar to the hunka but sized a bit more like the XL one – it's the original and best light bivi bag. I got mine from the outdoor shop for 37.50, but I think I read that one of the other shops (maybe field and trek?) are doing them for 30. Was using mine this weekend and it was just the job.

iht4
    Free Member

cheers fallguy ( & teeto )

looks like a standard one will do me fine so don't you all go buying them until I get home tonight! ( just my luck that I ponder while they run out of stock 😉 )

trail_rat
    Free Member

+1 for momentums suggestion of the rab – ive even slept with my head inside it during the rainy season with no issues

roughneck
    Free Member

so which sleeping bag for summer bivi. as small as pos.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Alpkit again my friend..

flatfish
    Free Member

rab quantum 200 last years model but 60 quid cheaper than normal retail or an alpkit pd400

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Bivi bag’ is closed to new replies.